Technical Electronic Power Steering Fault

Currently reading:
Technical Electronic Power Steering Fault

"Doing this "trick" with my Stilo has never caused a fault, hence my point of reference".
Sorry, don't understand, so what did you mean by

"Went on a road that was uphill, stopped the car, waited 10 seconds, ignition on - no fault. Turned ignition off, rolled the car back (let handbrake off, as done previously), stopped car, handbrake on, ignition on - BEEP BEEP BEEP!"
Sounds like you caused the fault to happen

Steering columns on Ebay for £30- £50 with node presumably. Doesn't sound like your column needs replacing

"Doing this "trick" with my Stilo has never caused a fault, hence my point of reference".
Sorry, don't understand, so what did you mean by

"Went on a road that was uphill, stopped the car, waited 10 seconds, ignition on - no fault. Turned ignition off, rolled the car back (let handbrake off, as done previously), stopped car, handbrake on, ignition on - BEEP BEEP BEEP!"
Sounds like you caused the fault to happen

Steering columns on Ebay for £30- £50 with node presumably. Doesn't sound like your column needs replacing

First bit - I always repeat the "scenarios" where the 1.6's steering fault appears with my 1.8, and I've never had a steering fault.

Second bit - Yeah I did, but as I said, if the fault is not occuring on my 1.8 and is on the 1.6, I want to eliminate all scenarios when it appears so it doesn't leave us stranded. To be honest, it's getting trivial now as I think my mum has had enough of it and it's going to be sold.

I think the next step, should we take it, is to replace the column/ecu.

it would be nice if someone would make a guide, on "how to get rid of Power Steer Failure"... in 5 steps(or 20), and if those steps doesn't work you need to change the steering column!

it would be nice if someone would make a guide, on "how to get rid of Power Steer Failure"... in 5 steps(or 20), and if those steps doesn't work you need to change the steering column!

Guide is a good idea but at the end of the day if you dont have the fiat examiner the align it after fitting you well and truly screwed..:(

Back