Technical Electrical Fault

Currently reading:
Technical Electrical Fault

turbo93

Hi all,

Im having an issue with the electrical system of my panda. The issue is this; the right side indicators don’t work at all and the dash, lights up funnily, if i switch on the lights the fuel gauge moves to full, reverse lights don’t work and windscreen washer pumps don’t work too. Sometimes stuff works and other times they don’t. Car has been stored for 5 years in a humid garage. Relays are new as i just fitted them and fuses aren’t blown. Which places should I look at? Model is a 1989 panda super with a 1000 fire engine.

Thanks all [emoji5]

Ok. Remove the hedge hogs
Located on the bulk head / front right by the radiator / inside rear near side indicator clean up with wet and dry paper clean all spade connectors the same way the body bolts at those points cover with copper grease then reassemble try all items once more ! Good luck

Ok. Remove the hedge hogs
Located on the bulk head / front right by the radiator / inside rear near side indicator clean up with wet and dry paper clean all spade connectors the same way the body bolts at those points cover with copper grease then reassemble try all items once more ! Good luck

Thanks Sjvarley. Are the hedgehogs the metal pieces that have many sliders connected in them? So there are 3 different locations?

Yes spot on if any spade break off strip Bach the cable and fit a new crimp spade

Last edited:
Yes spot on if any spade break off strip Bach the cable and fit a new crimp spade

I noticed that the earth cable that connects to the battery and ground has a divider in the middle which seems to have a slider. Does this connect to the bulkhead?

Photo please. Not sure about. Slider It usually goes from the battery then to the body bolt near steering rack next then on the engine
Near the starter motor
Check all are clean as welll

Got it now your slider. Is called a spade connector (female) the hedgehogs have 6or 8 male spade connectors

Last edited:
Photo please. Not sure about. Slider It usually goes from the battery then to the body bolt near steering rack next then on the engine
Near the starter motor
Check all are clean as welll

This is what im talking about IMG_0633.JPG

Ok that should not go to the strut top that part should have a bolt hole between. Those 2 pieces to bolt to the body the end on the strut should be on the engine
block

Should look similar to this Image1516986245.177519.jpg

Attachments

• Image1516986245.177519.jpg
    Image1516986245.177519.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
May be but it could be fixed with a piece of copper tube flattened the wrapped around tightly drilled and bolted to the chassis. With a large washer

Last edited:
Hi,
The important thing is that the battery negative should be connected to both the chassis and the engine block. This could be two cables each with a lug on each end or the "proper" with 3 lugs. I would not bother trying to repair the old cable as it is likely to be corroded and possibly have brokn strands. A pair of standard ready made cables would be easist to find.

Robert G8RPI.

So the end connects to a bolt near the starter and this part? I saw 2 pins on the bulkhead behind the intake manifold. Do they connect to it? Thanks

Yes it bolts to the body then continues to the bolt hole near the starter on the block [emoji1360][emoji375][emoji209]

Back