Technical Electric window

Currently reading:
Technical Electric window

wakinakemba

good morning

My electric window has broken and I would like to know if there is a repair kit or I have to change the entire mechanism. The motor works because you can hear but the glass does not lower or raise.

You've posted in Panda Classic, which is the original little box. They only added electric windows to these after they stopped selling them in the UK, so little experience for most of the forum.
The later 169 Panda (2003->) has two issues with the electric windows. The most common is small plastic clips which break, and I think are available separately. Cables break. I think cables are available, but a real pain to fit and set up, a complete unit is much easier, and not too expensive last time I looked.
Occasionally the glass will detach from the mechanism. Not difficult to refit, but the cause needs fixing. Usual cause is the felt runners that the glass slides in are worn, revealing the rubber underneath, that grips the glass. Lubrication can be a temporary fix, but new runners are the proper answer.

Really just need to get the inner panel off and see what the problem is.

This is my panda

IMG-20210307-WA0032.jpg

It is one of the last to be manufactured in 2003 and comes with factory power windows.

Can this be the clip?

clip1.jpg

Last edited:
What a super little car. I still miss mine.

I did wonder about electric windows when they fitted them. I could open the passenger window, from the driver's seat, easily, as teh car is so narrow, so no need for electric.

The clip does look familiar.

I'd still recommend taking the inner panel off and check, to make sure we're trying to fix the correct problem.

Back