Technical electrical chaos!

Currently reading:
Technical electrical chaos!

mk85

Abarth Number 2......!
Hi, there are numerous posts about electricals but i have no idea what is said and as i read one and move onto another i forget the previous answers! :D

so to cut down on time.... i have had my 2002 stilo abarth for 6 days... it has been real fun up to now!!!

What can cause the system check to report failures DURING the journey? at the start it depends on the day wether it is airbag system failure of rear fog lamp failure, sometimes the ABS whilst in motion :eek:... scary stuff as it isnt a subtle sound! also the CD changer has decided to stop working. Electric windows play up now and then but when i took them to get looked at, they bloody worked... go figure! :bang::bang::bang:

Basically, would you recommend that i take it to a garage to totally overhaul the entire electrical syatem or bare with and fix one by one with advice off FF?

if it isnt any trouble, can you give me your feedback on these alloys, i have the 17" blades at the mo which i like, but they are scuffed by the previous owner so have to replace really Going for 17's.:cry:

http://www.motorspeed.com/store_mai...id=0&int_subcategory_id=0&int_product_id=1882

cheers

mk85

If you're handy and have the time I'd disconnect the battery (as an aside you may need a new one, check) then get in amongst the fuses/relays and check all is ok 1st.

Check the earths and all conmnections that are visible. Re-connect the battery.

Make a note of which fault comes first - if any.

Certainly plenty of help available via FF, a search of the forums may aid you substantially :idea:

Thanks for that. :worship:will give it a shot and keep you posted. :D

Back