Election then - Kinda inevitable. FF secret ballot!

Currently reading:
Election then - Kinda inevitable. FF secret ballot!

Who are you likely to vote for?

• Labour

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Conservative

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • SNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Don't Care.

Votes: 12 15.6%

• Total voters
You seem to get that with most elections. It seems particularly tories campaigns revolve around slagging off labour, which is, in my opinion, another good reason not to vote for them. That said, I think all of their marketing is crap, as they tell you nothing that you need to know as a voter.

As far as Gordon Brown is concerned, he seems to get a lot of praise for having done such a wonderful job as the chancellor, but in the current economic climate, it is very easy for him to look good. I know that some people will say that the current economic climate is due to his good work, but the economy is doing fairly well throughout the world in most of the main economic nations and they are very much interlinked through the world markets, so yes, he may have done a good job, but in a comparatively easy situation.

It's annoying how they slag each other off rather than talk policies, and even more annoying that they all do it, although less so the Lib Dems. I also hate this labour rubbish about letting the Tories in by the back door, which is total boll-cks.

Yesterday the bookies were offering 1-50 Labour, 12-1 Tories, 150-1 Lib Dems! As far as they're concerned it's all over.

Michael Howard was in Loughborough yesterday, I would have gone to listen to him but he didn't bother to announce he was coming.

Off Topic - Sorry... But Dr_Pepper - Have you seen the Loughborough Purple "African Violet" band things (say "loughborough For Life - or something on them) that may have been floating around the uni? They are in the style of the Beat Bullying/Lance Armstrong ones - Do you have to be going to L'boro to get one? As a mate of mine has one... and I want it/one! lol... Is it possible for me to get hold of one?
Cheers!
*edit* Attached piccy :D

Attachments

• Loughborough Band.jpg
    Loughborough Band.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Voted today, 90% change by RM to get to Nottm by tomorrow evening so who knows whether it will even count?! It was only received yesterday from my parents!

The envelope they sent me wasn't sticky and being at uni I had no glue/tape etc. so I used the remains of the sticker you had to use on the inside, so it looked awful, my friends all laughed (in a really condesending way as if it was my fault a) I only received it today, b) the envelope wasn't sticky) then proceded to tell me it wouldn't be accepted, hmm, glad they know?! So my voting experience has been crap :D

On a side note, the UKIP man lives in Willingborough, N'hants, yeah, sure, he's going to get my vote?! I only thought that "proper politicians" someitmes lived elsewhere, not UKIP make up the numbers. It's obvious that UKIP must be trying to put as many candidates up across the county as possible?

Just got my email read out on 5live, sent a few mins ago:

Every student at Manchester University could have got two polling cards. It's not a one off, it's a serious problem. I contacted the council and they said it relies on TRUST that you won't vote twice. It is happpening everywhere.

Will be hilarious if the turn out is 110%!

Paul

Word for word, they read it out with my full name :eek: within a few mins.

Paul,

I hope you didn't give them your surname, you will be on a list as a subversive now and you will probably be investigated by the intelligence services to see if your associated with any political activists.

If you find it difficult to get a job when you leave Uni, you know why !!!!!.

I think politics as a career is a no go now, I have a chair infront of the door and am packing an overnight bag!

Seriously can't be many Paul *********'s in Manchester University who would dob in the uni halls for registering students here ignoring that they would be registered at home!

She even read out.....110% which surprised me. I have the odd bit read out on five live but they usually misquote me :(

Just keep an eye out, if you see the same person in various places and the odd strange crackle on your mobile, just be careful.

Check the brakes on your push bike before you ride it as well.

lmao :D Somebody once undid my sister's bike brakes whilst she was doing keep-fit, nearly killed her :(

I read enough Tom Clancy books to know when I am being followed, my curtains are shut, the tap is running.

They will be reading this now and have seen how I rode on a pavement and be sending around special branch.

Nice one for getting someone to notice seems it won't go any further though, I'd love it to actually cause a massive uproar in the media! You'd be famous:D

bad_boy_racer said:
Dr_Pepper - Have you seen the Loughborough Purple "African Violet" band things (say "loughborough For Life - or something on them) that may have been floating around the uni? They are in the style of the Beat Bullying/Lance Armstrong ones - Do you have to be going to L'boro to get one? As a mate of mine has one... and I want it/one! lol... Is it possible for me to get hold of one?
Cheers!
:D
I have no idea what these things are - I thought these were a sudden national craze - I didn't realise it was just a loughborough thing! They were selling the loughborough ones in the student union on the weekend, if you're really interested let me know and I'll see if I can find one for ya.

I could take it further, in all honesty, BUT I am not sure it's something I want to do. If you want to listen to my 30 seconds on national radio:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/

Click "listen again"
Scroll down to drive and click wednesday,

Skip through to 1hr 1 minute. It comes after the girl talks I think.

Specifically if you only want my comment if you're bothered at all lol, it's:

1hr5mins30seconds.

However, it's all interesting.

Well I won't bother but I can imagine what it was. Don't worry though there'd never be any reprocussions (sp?) for you, after all it's illegal to vote twice, not to recieve two polling cards because of a cock up!

This girl from edinburgh uni said she had received 3 actual postal votes! At least I only received 2 registration cards although the council themselves said i could have made two votes with this!

WIsh i had written something a little better but i wanted to be quick lol.

I know all you have to do is phone the number to turn your polling card into a postal vote.

Also, just remembered, last minute we got stuff from the tories today. Running it a bit fine. I thought they'd given up on us we're in a bit of a labour area.

Hopefully some major wins for my party but an overall win for labour, that will be my perfect day I think.

Everybody seems to have forgotten that the Tory chairman (right?) left the party since he revealed that their spending plans were completely impossible....

Doesn't look like our poll was very representative of the vote. Fiat owners must be different to the general population.

Maybe we should start our own party.

Back