Technical egr location

Currently reading:
Technical egr location

sicone

can someone please tell me where is the egr located i have a multipla 1.9 jtd 2001 and i want the clean the egr .some fotos would be fine.thanks

Here you go mate....

attachment.php

Ignore the other bits as its the 1.9JTD in a punto engine bay, but the EGR is in the same place.

Hope that helps,
Alan

Last edited:
That photo is a great help, I think I'd like to clean mine too!!:eek: Of course, the next question will be, how do you clean it? What with?

Your advice would be appreciated...

Phil

Ok.... heres a quick guide on cleaning the EGR.

1. Remove engine cover
2. Undo the 2 hex hed screws that secure the corrugated metal tube to the right of the EGR valve to the valve itself.
3. Disconnect the wiring plug on the EGR actuator.
4. Undo the 3 13mm bolts that secure the EGR valve to the inlet manifold.
5. Push the EGR valve back towards the bulkhead as much as you can. (you'll see when in the next step)
6. Undo the two hex head screws that secure the lower corrugated pipe to the bottom of the EGR valve (access is difficult hence the reason for pushing the EGR back towards the bulkhead.)
7. Remove EGR from engine bay.
8. Squirt some carb cleaner in both sides of the EGR valve and use a combination of toothbrush and cotton buds to clean as much of the soot etc as possible. Also clean the valve/piston itself.
9. Rinse out again with carb cleaner
10. Allow to dry off and then replace.

Very quick, but hope that helps,
Alan

Life saver! bloody fiddly to get at (small hands needed), could not even see a valve once I split the egr valve after a good clean, running sweet again, big thanks for the info.

Cheers,

ChrisS63

2. Undo the 2 hex hed screws that secure the corrugated metal tube to the right of the EGR valve to the valve itself.

i have problem remove the corrugated metal tube to the right of the EGR valve.

are there any other ways to "disable" the EGR? eg. disconnect the wiring plug?

currently the engine has no power when cold start, rpm stuck around 2000.

everything normal after engine warmed up

i have problem remove the corrugated metal tube to the right of the EGR valve.

are there any other ways to "disable" the EGR? eg. disconnect the wiring plug?

currently the engine has no power when cold start, rpm stuck around 2000.

everything normal after engine warmed up

disconnecting electrically wont do an awful lot as they tend to clog up/seize mechanically.

to block it off properly so no exhaust gas can get back into the inlet you need to get that pipe off.

Back