Technical ECU Faults

Currently reading:
Technical ECU Faults

numnut20003000

ok here goes
I got a 02 blue punto 1.2 8v for my girlfriends 1st car as a non runner
ive been in the game i long time so i thought it would be a simple fix to the problem described in the advert the women told me water had got into the tank an the would not start the rac drained the tank and she put fresh fuel in ok
i noticed straight away there was no sound coming from the fuel pump so live to the pump car started drove home no problems no misfiring nothing a little slow but the exhaust was blowing a little
i got a new pump but still nothing unless a used a live wire
i plug in the code reader
and got a load of codes
P0201 Injector Circuit Malfunction - Cylinder 1
P0202 Injector Circuit Malfunction - Cylinder 2
P0203 Injector Circuit Malfunction - Cylinder 3
P0204 Injector Circuit Malfunction - Cylinder 4
P0230 Fuel Pump Primary Circuit Malfunction
P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
P0351 Ignition Coil A Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction
P0352 Ignition Coil B Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction
P0460 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction

after looking up all these codes up it all points to the ecu so when i went to look at the ecu it looked very new, eventho it looked new i still went and got another
so plugged it in an still the same problems and codes
most people say its a common thing but maybe not for me would someone be able to advise where i go for here apart from the scrap yard ?

The first thing you need to do is sort out the fault on the supply to the fuel pump. This could be as simple as the Fire Prevention System having been activated.

Blaming the ECU was rather like shooting the messenger.

Note how many of the errors are "Circuit Malfunction"? Points to a wiring fault, to my mind. Put the Code Reader away, pull out the Multimeter.

ok thanks for your in put i'm just going on what i've read looking for common faults
i have checked things like earths and the cut off switch near the passenger door :(

There's an earth wire bolts on near the ecu which works loose and causes all sorts of mayhem. You can't just bolt on any old 2nd hand ecu because they are coded, you either need a virgin new one from euro which codes itself or a complete lockset, ecu & fuse box.

I took fingers advice seams i have no power to fuse F11 in the engine bay
took the whole box out and took it apart nothing observes I checked a few other fuses and not all of the fuses have power going to them

Its done missing relay duno how because the space for the relay was dirty but it worked thanks everyone

Its done missing relay duno how because the space for the relay was dirty but it worked thanks everyone

That does make sense thinking about it
All the injectors are coil low tension sides are all fed from the same power supply

A +ve feed via relay - and the injectors afterwards are negativly triggered

Shame i didnt put 2 and 2 togther! well done for fighting through a simple fix :)

Ziggy

Crazy how the women told me there was water in the tank
turned out to be a missing relay must have been a very good garage she took it too
(y)

Back