General Economy.

Currently reading:
General Economy.

Zog

Established member
Mine's a 2004 2.0 JTD. I measured (using the "fuel low" light) 9.7 miles/litre over 116 miles of fairly easy driving, including 3 overnights/cold starts. I've got a roofrack on.

Does that seem reasonable? What do you get from your (spec) van?

2006 2.0 JTD. I usually fill tank up to just below filler, make a note of the mileage, then every top up make a note of litres until around a week later fill up again to just below filler, note the mileage and work it out from there.

Get a regular 27.7 MPG which is around as advertised given stop/start & idling of a working taxi.

Your estimation of 9.7 miles per litre would equate to 44 MPG-sounds a bit high but steady low cruise on the motorway its certainly possible.

That's just ordinary 12K/year driving, it's not a taxi!

If I got 28MPG I think I'd faint!

Before my 53 scudo decided to self combust I would have no problem getting around 45mpg. This was motorway mainly and using a goldcruise cruisecontrol. It was also converted to a camper so empty I was a little higher

It was a 2.0, maybe a 16v variant as didn't arf go.

I now have a 2007 scudo 2.0 lwb and it's averaging 29.8 according to my mpg app

After a drive of about 60 miles at 80-90MPH, my 2.0JTD 16v has returned 40.25MPG over the last 52.1 litres (nice units!). The rest of the mileage was at "normal speed" :)

Back