Technical Econometer malfunction: how to restore?

Currently reading:
Technical Econometer malfunction: how to restore?

Hi!

Since some time, the econometer of my Tempra is not working fine. It will turn on the "power" also when not pushing hard the accelerator pedal, also it will stay on for a while when releasing the pedal after a strong acceleration.

Consider that, on highway, it usually turned on at 120-130 km/h, now as soon as it reaches 80 km/h :mad:

Have you got any idea? Thanks!

Hi!

Since some time, the econometer of my Tempra is not working fine. It will turn on the "power" also when not pushing hard the accelerator pedal, also it will stay on for a while when releasing the pedal after a strong acceleration.

Consider that, on highway, it usually turned on at 120-130 km/h, now as soon as it reaches 80 km/h :mad:

Have you got any idea? Thanks!

Hi,:)
AFAIK it's just a vacuum gauge, so relies on vacuum from the throttle body / inlet, chances are a rubber hose has now split, ..so you've got limited vacuum,:eek:
Charlie

Hi,:)
AFAIK it's just a vacuum gauge, so relies on vacuum from the throttle body / inlet, chances are a rubber hose has now split, ..so you've got limited vacuum,:eek:
Charlie

Hi Charlie,

since vacuum is fed from the line which goes to brake booster, could a small leak produce weaker "booster power" ?

not sure.. I'm thinking back to the old panda / uno vac hose on the distributor,
and the leaky hoses on the Selecta's

Just found an advertisement for a cheap, genuine power booster tube, together with its valve: will have it replaced and check if the econometer functions as before, if not then the fault is in the tube which goes to the econometer (and will keep the old booster tube as spare).
Thans for your advice! (y)

Sure, I will do!

Many parts are not supplied by FIAT anymore, e.g. I have a 2014 ePER but as of 2016 parts that were listed as "orderable" now are not :( e.g. the rubber support for exhaust tube. Of course, there are third party makers so I still have not found parts that I was not able to replace (I only had an hard time finding the rubber parts which you have to pull for releasing the back "sofa", near headrest. Found genuine FIAT from Poland!).

Back