Technical Tempra Digital dashboard - from km to mileage

Currently reading:
Technical Tempra Digital dashboard - from km to mileage

Waldecir

Hi, guys, I'm wiriting from Brazil and need some help from you.

Many Tempra Station Wagons imported from Italy in the 90's had this kind of problem here and nobody knows how to solve this:

1) Is normal in these digital dashboards return to zero (0 km) after the odometer arrives in 199.999 km?

2) Another commom problem is the units suddenly change from km to mileage. And noboby here knows how to return the units to km.

Please, if anybody here can help me teaching how is possible to solve these problems, will be very nice to many people from here!

Regards,

Waldecir

Hi, guys, I'm wiriting from Brazil and need some help from you.

Many Tempra Station Wagons imported from Italy in the 90's had this kind of problem here and nobody knows how to solve this:

1) Is normal in these digital dashboards return to zero (0 km) after the odometer arrives in 199.999 km?

2) Another commom problem is the units suddenly change from km to mileage. And noboby here knows how to return the units to km.

Please, if anybody here can help me teaching how is possible to solve these problems, will be very nice to many people from here!

Regards,

Waldecir
Our Tempras have a button to switch between mph and kph - the Italian ones don’t, and I’m guessing yours don’t either or you wouldn’t be asking.

have you tried disconnecting the battery? If I disconnect the battery, mine default to kph - I’m assuming they all do?

There are various reports of digital dashboards resetting, but I’ve never seen one do it. If they do it must be random, as there’s no specific mileage it happens.

Our Tempras have a button to switch between mph and kph - the Italian ones don’t, and I’m guessing yours don’t either or you wouldn’t be asking.

have you tried disconnecting the battery? If I disconnect the battery, mine default to kph - I’m assuming they all do?

There are various reports of digital dashboards resetting, but I’ve never seen one do it. If they do it must be random, as there’s no specific mileage it happens.
Thanks, Palio.

Despite the Italian (and Brazilian Tempras has no switch to change from mileage to km or the oposite, I believe that the circuits are the same.

Do you have any drawing that shows this switch circuit?.Maybe we can develop the same solution based on your Tempras.

Regards, Waldecir

Not sure on your exact dash layout, the Tipo digital dash had something like 4 buttons on the side of the binacle, one of them would switch between km and miles. I think it only had a circle on it not marked very well.

Not sure on your exact dash layout, the Tipo digital dash had something like 4 buttons on the side of the binacle, one of them would switch between km and miles. I think it only had a circle on it not marked very well.
Thanks, Vexorg.
I wanna to see some pictures and/or drawing about this, if it's possible.

I expect that the digital dashboards are all the same and some functions like this can be enabled.

If you can help me a bit more, will be very usefull to the Tempras in Brazil.

Regards,

Waldecir

Searching around, it seems that LHD drive cars dont have that button to change it on the dash..

Hi guys,
yes its completely normal to go to 0 after 199 999.
My Tempra is now showing 38 000km.
After I click the combo (0trip and light button) I can see 02 on the dash.
I cant understand actually, is that 2 x 199 999, so my car is now 438 000km, or its just 1x 199 999, so I am having now 238 000km.
Please share your expirience.

Back