Technical EcoDrive failure...

Currently reading:
Technical EcoDrive failure...

terrybrown

Hi folks,

I have a 500 1.2 pop and have successfully being using the ecodrive. However the toher day I was teaching a pupil (BSM) and after many stalls the radio asked for a code, this I entered no problems but around the same time (Can't be 100% sure as lost usb stick for few days) the ecodrive stopped recording. Is there anyway to reset the system or is there a remedy anyone else knows about? I have been through the menu and made sure it is turned on.

Terry

When you say the radio asked for it's code it makes me think maybe the battery was drained too much and things started browning out. Reminds me, must have a play with eco drive at some point.

you may also try to reinstall blue&me. i updated mine to version 5.4, then it asked me to install ecodrive again. you can find it on fiat.co.uk

This may sound odd, but I borrowed the 500 and had a phone charging through the 12V socket. I started the car a few times and the radio code thing came up, all worked fine, but from memory the ecodrive didn't. The 12v socket fuse had blown and when I replaced it, everything worked again.

It must have blown during one of the engine starts and blanked the stereo code somehow.

Probably just one of those things, but worth a look.

Back