eBay - Alarm and Remote Central Locking

Currently reading:
eBay - Alarm and Remote Central Locking

Ok thanx beau :)

Thanks for the warm convo though! Lookin foward to passing my test this Friday and getting my baby Next week!

beau said:
good luck :D il be taking mine in june july :slayer: ages but cant wait :D

these 1.2 16v engines really are very quick! im shocked at how quick mine actually is for a 1.2! :cool:

Sweet now I am really looking forward to getting mine :D

I will remember that, I heard that 16V cars are more powerful and will pull ya quicker. I am going to be a newbie driver but think this will the car for me for a good couple of years :slayer:

Always wanted a Punto and I will not regret it

thats not really that cheap for an ebay alarm, you could get cheaper. also another point to note is that if you get this alarm youll still need to use the original key to start the car as it has an immobiliser transponder in the key so even if you get the new key cut it still wont start the car.,.,
I wouldnt recommend trying to fit these unless you feel comfortable with electrics, so ya might have to and the labour cost onto the price.,.,

I dont mean to discourage you but they always make out like its a piece of pis to install but usually you can expect to take about 2-3 hours at least for the average joe.,.,.

True, I am an electronics Student but I would think it be too much to do.

But from what Beau has said, this car already has it but the key for it must have been lost. I still need to get an alarm for it though, and that shouldnt be a major task to do?

I buy a lot of them from ebay and id usually pay about £30-£40, but all the extra your paying for in that listing is for a fancy lookin key.,.

if you are competant with electronics then you could do it in half the time, it usually takes me about an hour to fit an alarm so if ya know what your doin you could handle it nicely,.,.

also it might cost you more to get a replacment remote key for the existing central locking than it would cost for a whole alarm on ebay,.,.

Is there an alarm out there that you would recommend with a budget of £40? Also how much would I be looking at to get a replacement key roughly?

Yeah, actually did two of them recently, but i didnt get them from that seller, i'll post a link to the usuall one i get as soon as i can and also if i can i'll make a list of what wire to tap into for ya.,.,

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I am very greatful for your help and I not in a mad rush as yet so in your own time mate :)

Back