Technical Earth strap

Currently reading:
Technical Earth strap

I need to replace the earth strap, as in the picture below. The electrical gremlins thread that is pinned in the FAQ mentions a technique to avoid the possibility of having to bleed the clutch slave by using a cut down 13mm spanner to access the bolt that is hidden. I've searched the forum but can't find anything useful. Anybody know what that is about? I can't say I'm keen to bleed the clutch slave!

Original thread;

gear_box_earth.JPG

If you go down the thread, you see picture where slave cylinder is turned down to gain access to the bolt.
I did this when I was cleaning the earth.

1706686217747.png

I get it now, the wording of that post made me think it was likely that the clutch slave was going to need bleeding unless i left both bolts in place. I need to remove one bolt and loosen the other.

Last edited:
I get it now, the wording of that post made me think it was likely that the clutch slave was going to need bleeding unless i left both bolts in place. I need to remove one bolt and loosen the other.
Be careful when moving the cylinder off the ground bolt as the cylinder piston will move out. Keep the piston in the cup.

Back