Technical E5 fuel - ouch

Currently reading:
Technical E5 fuel - ouch

Brim987

Well it happened, I went to fill up the marea and .. no E5 fuel.
I found a garage later - 156p/litre!!! ouch.

Anyhow I then wondered if our Brava 1.2 needs e5 fuel.

I did a little research and it seems it needs to be Euro 3 compliant, defined as registered on or after 1 jan 2001.

Our car was registered on... wait for it.. 1 jan 2001, and this makes me very nervous. It could have been sitting around waiting to be registered...

Can anyone tell me if this brava is Euro 3 compliant?

Cheers
Steve

Well it happened, I went to fill up the marea and .. no E5 fuel.
I found a garage later - 156p/litre!!! ouch.

Anyhow I then wondered if our Brava 1.2 needs e5 fuel.

I did a little research and it seems it needs to be Euro 3 compliant, defined as registered on or after 1 jan 2001.

Our car was registered on... wait for it.. 1 jan 2001, and this makes me very nervous. It could have been sitting around waiting to be registered...

Can anyone tell me if this brava is Euro 3 compliant?

Cheers
Steve
The engine will cope fine with E10 .....
The only things that need changing will be the fuel lines and the intake pump ....
Your Brava wont be compliant and will more than likely have the same fuel lines and intake pump as all other Bravo/a

Thanks for the reply.

Well, as luck would have it I got an official response from Fiat today.

They say the Marea can't use E10 fuel but the Brava will be fine - this after they wanted the vin number and checked production records - so I have some confidence they tried.

I don't have the details of what exactly would need doing to the Marea but I probably wouldn't bother unless E5 was completely unavailable due it doing a very low mileage nowadays.

Steve

Back