Technical Ducato JTD engine differences

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato JTD engine differences

I was not able to find block oem number on fiatdalys, that was the reason why I created this thread.

Along wiki there was a 2.3JTD 81kw 2002-2006 in ducato. Are they same ? This 2002-2006 with 2006- ? There is 7kw difference. It can be only soft. :confused:

Sorry put link to fiat dalys
Then forgot to suggest looking to see if you could find answer to your question of does it have cylinder liners.

I think it does not half liners.

Just to confuse the situation, my copy of x244 eLearn mentions liners, and gives a procedure number for replacement. Clicking on the link leads exactly nowhere.

I always take eLearn statements with the proverbial pinch of salt, but it does contain some useful facts.

I would say you are better off buying a high mileage 400+K replacement engine if you can get a good one at the right price.
It all depends on the time and money you want to spend?
They are suppose to run Fully synthetic engine oil ... So 400+ Km is always a good sign for a diesel engine.
They should go a million+ miles if they have been serviced regularly.
Of course, real compression test should indicate condition.

It would probably need additional servicing like valve clearance measure and adjustment.
So do a major...not minor service on it.
Unsure if those engines need shims or not for valve clearance?
Anyone know?

I would say you are better off buying a high mileage 400+K replacement engine if you can get a good one at the right price.
It all depends on the time and money you want to spend?
They are suppose to run Fully synthetic engine oil ... So 400+ Km is always a good sign for a diesel engine.
They should go a million+ miles if they have been serviced regularly.
Of course, real compression test should indicate condition.

It would probably need additional servicing like valve clearance measure and adjustment.
So do a major...not minor service on it.
Unsure if those engines need shims or not for valve clearance?
Anyone know?
re: the valve clearance.

This uses shims for my 2.8 jtd engine. You need to check the 2.3l JTD if it uses the same method.
Shims are a lot more involved to adjust. But I would definitely be checking this.
Note to myself also! lol
Check this for a 400+ high mileage engine even if it runs.

Head is not problem. Clearance, rocker, springs... not problem. I will take my time to do it properly.

I think its still better to have fresh engine than used for the same price. There are not much people wich use Ducato as private car and most of cars in companies does not have the right service and good treatment. So thats the reason why I do not want to buy some uknown used engine.

Can anybody tell me the part number of the 2.3JTD 2006 block ? Still no luck in googling...

Back