Ducato exhaust diagram

Currently reading:
Ducato exhaust diagram

Goldthorpe

just had my Ducato based motorhome mot. Apparently the front downpipe is blowing.Unfortunately I can't see the problem and the tester is being less than helpful.The vehicle is a 2.3jtd diesel 2004 vintage ,can anyone supply an exploded view of the exhaust and manifold. the front pipe looks fine to me so I think it may be the manifold that leaks

Hi Goldthorpe

I attach two screenshots from the exhaust city website which might help

Attachments

• Ducato 2004 exhaust.jpg
    Ducato 2004 exhaust.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 99
  • Ducato 2004 exhaust detail.jpg
    Ducato 2004 exhaust detail.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 92
Thanks Guys for the diagrams.Unfortunately my 2004 Ducati 2.3jtd uses a different exhaust to the diagrams. Possibly a non cat version?

2004 sounds a tad early to me for a 2.3, are you sure it's not a 2.8jtd?

:cool:

According to a Wikipedia article a 2.3 JTD (not Multijet) engine was one of the options for the x244 2002 - 2006 Ducato. Apperently this was another Sofim engine having the type code F1AE0481C. The 2.3 JTD emgine also features on my x244 eLearn CD.

Thanks Guys for the diagrams.Unfortunately my 2004 Ducati 2.3jtd uses a different exhaust to the diagrams. Possibly a non cat version?

Hi Goldthorpe,

If your 2.3 JTD is the version without EGR, it will not have a catalytic convertor (source Fiat eLearn).

If you are not sure which engine version you have please see the attached extract from eLearn. The air pressure / temperature sensor is fitted to the inlet manifold on non EGR engine versions. EGR versions have a debimeter or massairflow sensor in the air filter outlet pipe.

Attachments

• 2.3 JTD Air pressure - temp sensor.pdf
    219.5 KB · Views: 50
Back