Technical Ducato/Boxer Air Suspension

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato/Boxer Air Suspension

MichaelTD

Hello All,

Newbie Michael here with a question about a 2008 Peugeot Boxer 3.0. Sorry to post this in this Fiat forum but I’m getting tapped out on info. I sincerely hope that this is forgiven.

The factory-installed air suspension system of my Peugeot Boxer, the system itself works fine, if I press it to -3 the rear drops and the same for +3 then the rear goes up, so far so good. .

But . . the system remains active even though the ignition is off and the bus is closed by remote control and this continues until the battery is empty. Reading faults does not provide any information about this. In any case, do not get any error codes related to air suspension.

Everything remotely connected to this system is checked for leaking air with a soap solution but everything is airtight. No bubbles to be found.

Now such a system must have a fuse somewhere, I found one, it should be fuse 59 in the B pillar on the right, but if I pull it out, the compressor continues as normal. It also seems to me that there must be a switch-on relay somewhere, all relays have been pulled out once (with the ignition off) but the compressor continues as normal. Can of course be controlled by the control unit on the compressor, but I still assume that it is fused somewhere. .

Anyone have any idea how this works? Where is what? Maybe a schematic of this system. I have already been to the dealer, but they prefer not to burn their hands, they just say "renew everything". . spend €2200 ex tax and hope it's over. If not, we will not take back the delivered/assembled parts and we will continue our search. . So shoot with buckshot and hope they hit something.

I hope someone on this forum can help with this. .

Hello,

As far as I know it shouldn't be working (unless on a Ducato) with ignition off. The compressor should switch on only after the ignition (or even engine?) is turned on.

What kind of software were you checking the error codes with? Fiat's MultiEcuScan? or Peugeot's Lexia? or any other universal reader? I've read somewhere on another forum that there are also dedicated softwares made by the companies that made the system (Continental?) they are using to diagnose the errors in their workshops.

Can MES connect to the systemin your van?

The wiring diagrams are available in the eLearn module. There is one available in the download section of the forum. I can't remember if it covers the pre-lift version.

The air suspension has its own ECU, but looking at the symptoms I assume it is not the cause. It looks to me to be rather an electrical / connection issue. The van has 16 years, someone could have messed it up earlier :(

I'd start with tracing where the cables from the air suspension go to confirm if they are really powered by the fuse you've found. Or another one. I know that there are huge differences depending on what was installed in Sevel which cause lots of confusion and issues to the users.

EDIT: how the system works is precisely described in this thread, you can have a look:

Back