Technical 2008 3.0ltr fiat ducato turbo air leak???

Currently reading:
Technical 2008 3.0ltr fiat ducato turbo air leak???

Marmitethecat

My 2008 fiat ducato 3.0 has started making a wierd noise when driving.
when its idling all is fine, driving around and the rpms gradually increasing to 3,000rpm, all is fine. BUT when i accelerate from either a stand still or my foot gets a bit heavier lol.. the rpms sound fine till i hit 2,000 rpm and then it makes a ' wooshing' kind of ' tinny' noise that appears to be from around the front left of the van around the air filter, which then fades off by about 2,500-2,800 rpm.
Ive looked around and i cant see any split hoses to the intercooler or airbox. so im wandering if
A- any suggestions to where to look to see what might be causing the noise
B- is the turbo failing ( van has done 182K)? or maybe a valve stuck open to do with the turbo??
C- anyone had a similar issue?

My 2008 fiat ducato 3.0 has started making a wierd noise when driving.
when its idling all is fine, driving around and the rpms gradually increasing to 3,000rpm, all is fine. BUT when i accelerate from either a stand still or my foot gets a bit heavier lol.. the rpms sound fine till i hit 2,000 rpm and then it makes a ' wooshing' kind of ' tinny' noise that appears to be from around the front left of the van around the air filter, which then fades off by about 2,500-2,800 rpm.
Ive looked around and i cant see any split hoses to the intercooler or airbox. so im wandering if
A- any suggestions to where to look to see what might be causing the noise
B- is the turbo failing ( van has done 182K)? or maybe a valve stuck open to do with the turbo??
C- anyone had a similar issue?
Intercooler or turbo pipes is most likely.
If someone boots it with the bonnet open you may locate it, failing that you probably need a smoke type leak detector or what I bought was a series of blanks to block off each end of the pipes then pump up to around 25psi max, don't get carried away or it will break something. Around 20psi I located a hose clip that was the problem.

If someone boots it with the bonnet open you may locate it, failing that you probably need a smoke type leak detector or what I bought was a series of blanks to block off each end of the pipes then pump up to around 25psi max, don't get carried away or it will break something. Around 20psi I located a hose clip that was th
If someone boots it with the bonnet open you may locate it, failing that you probably need a smoke type leak detector or what I bought was a series of blanks to block off each end of the pipes then pump up to around 25psi max, don't get carried away or it will break something. Around 20psi I located a hose clip that was the problem.
Thanks for the reply. When i rev it when at a stand still, no wierd noise.. from idle to 3,000 rpm.. it only appears to make the noise when the vehicle is moving forward.
I like your suggestion of testing the system pipes with either smoke or testing sections.

follow up: turbo pip that runs at the front of the engine, from the throttle body has a 3cm slash cut in it. Waiting for the new pipe to come and then , put a pair of tyres on the front and see what it fails on in an mot

Back