Technical Ducato 2006 244 2.8JTD tightening torque flywheel + crank pulley bolt

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 2006 244 2.8JTD tightening torque flywheel + crank pulley bolt

Ronnie79

Hi,

I'm having trouble finding reliable tightening torque specs for the flywheel bolts and crank pulley bolt for my Ducato 2006 244 2.8JTD. Are the flywheel bolts reusable?

Hi,

I'm having trouble finding reliable tightening torque specs for the flywheel bolts and crank pulley bolt for my Ducato 2006 244 2.8JTD. Are the flywheel bolts reusable?
Any good? and yes.:)

Attachments

• DSCF0742.JPG
    DSCF0742.JPG
    464.4 KB · Views: 185
Hi,

Fiat eLearn quotes 20 daNm (200 Nm) for the crankshaft pulley bolt, which torque is also quoted by @FreeSpirit in his timing belt replacement guide. There is no mention of replacing the bolts when refitting the flywheel, but if the flywheel is new then I might be tempted. See attached extract from eLearn.

Attachments

• 2.8jtd Flywheel Replace.pdf
    137.4 KB · Views: 68
Thanks!
But no way I'll tighten the fly wheel bolts 30 Nm + 90 degrees with used bolts😬 I tightened 30nm+about 45 degrees, then it was already 180 Nm, which I actually think is a bit much for M12x1.25 bolts. (150 Nm sounds more reasonable?) New bolts is probably more "stretchy".

Thanks!
But no way I'll tighten the fly wheel bolts 30 Nm + 90 degrees with used bolts😬 I tightened 30nm+about 45 degrees, then it was already 180 Nm, which I actually think is a bit much for M12x1.25 bolts. (150 Nm sounds more reasonable?) New bolts is probably more "stretchy".
I, and others in the motor trade rely on the Auto Data manual as a "bible", I have rebuilt Iveco Daily engines and the same settings are given for them on flywheel torque as they use the same 2.8 JTD engine, however if not happy it is probably best to check with another data source or rely on your instincts, as stretch bolts never inspire confidence when tightening no matter how good the threads are etc:).

Thanks. I think the Auto Data is 100% correct with new bolts.

But I was actually hoping it wasn't stretch bolts and a torque setting without degrees😄
In my experience used stretch bolts are often better to replace as they are a bit stretched already and not able to stretch as new ones, therefore getting way more Nm at the same degree.

Thanks. I think the Auto Data is 100% correct with new bolts.

But I was actually hoping it wasn't stretch bolts and a torque setting without degrees😄
In my experience used stretch bolts are often better to replace as they are a bit stretched already and not able to stretch as new ones, therefore getting way more Nm at the same degree.
I tend to agree with you re stretch bolts and I know some manufacturers advise measuring them to see if they exceed certain limits and then change them.
Intuitively stretching a bolt goes against all I was taught 50 years ago.:(

Back