Technical Problem - Ducato 2.3, 2006

Currently reading:
Technical Problem - Ducato 2.3, 2006

otas432

Hello everyone. Ducato 2.3 type 250. I use 2 diagnostics (Delphi and Multiecuscan). Both report the same error. Air weight error - critical. When I replace it, the problem is the same even if I disconnect it. The temperature of the intake air is said to be 1200+ degrees Celsius. Can't even delete the error. It will appear immediately even after deletion. Does anyone know what the voltages should be on those 4 pins?
Then I have another question.
When it was cold, I went to start the cars.
This car caught badly and since then I canť start the engine and it runs on maybe 1 cylinder
1f603.png
. If I disconnect injectors 1,2 or 4 - or 2 of these injectors at the same time, the engine revs up. Only after disconnecting injection 3 does the engine die immediately. It smokes terribly and smells of unburnt diesel. Can anyone help? It won't be that weight. The engine ran quite decently even with it disconnected.

Video :

Hi

There seems to be something seriously wrong with the engine, it sounds like a concrete mixer !

The X250 2.3 engine has a combined Mass Air Flow and Intake Temperature sensor K041 which is mounted in the large intake air hose after the air filter. The two parts are electrically separate. The mass air flow "air weight" is measured by the K041 sensor. If it reads the wrong value, the amount of fuel injected will be wrong.

There is also a combined Manifold Pressure and Manifold Air Temperature sensor K044 which is mounted in the top of the inlet manifold (it pushes in, with a rubber seal). Again, the two parts are electrically separate.

I don't know which temperature is in error, Intake air or Manifold air (usually slightly higher). Typically, these temperature sensors use an NTC thermistor which goes lower in resistance as the temperature increases. A very high temperature reading corresponds to a very low resistance or a short circuit.

I suggest you check out the wiring and connectors to these sensors. The K044 sensor is not very expensive, so you could try a new one. the K041 sensor is a bit more expensive, maybe you could borrow a good one from another Ducato and try it ?

Attachments

• X250 Manifold Sensor.jpg
    X250 Manifold Sensor.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 27
  • X250 Mass Air Flow Sensor 1.jpg
    X250 Mass Air Flow Sensor 1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 31
  • X250 Mass Air Flow Sensor 2.jpg
    X250 Mass Air Flow Sensor 2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 23
  • X250 Mass Air Flow Sensor 3.jpg
    X250 Mass Air Flow Sensor 3.jpg