Technical Weird problem with ignition barrel lock assembly Ducato 244 Z 2.3 JTD

Currently reading:
Technical Weird problem with ignition barrel lock assembly Ducato 244 Z 2.3 JTD

Micha009

I wanted to repair the ignition lock because the key got stuck when turning. After a short search, I found instructions and was able to remove the ignition lock without removing the entire module with ignition switch, etc. It's still in the vehicle.

The repair didn't work because I wasn't able to remove the lock cylinder. A little frustrated, I wanted to put the ignition switch back in. According to the descriptions, this works very quickly:

Turn the key to position 1

Position the ignition lock correctly on the ignition lock housing and push it in (the locking lever folds in automatically via an inclined link on the housing)

Turn the key counterclockwise and remove it

Put the antenna for the transponder back on

Complete.

I've tried it dozens of times. It just doesn't go in anymore. I can't push it in far enough for the locking lever to rest in the recess. Upon closer inspection, it became apparent that the receptacle, which is located in the housing under the ignition lock, appears to be twisted and the cams on the protruding bolt of the lock cylinder do not fit in.

Since I wasn't able to disassemble the ignition switch, it is still exactly as I took it out. So it should fit.

Is there a trick that I didn't use or did I make a mistake when removing it?

If possible, I don't want to remove the entire unit. It shouldn't be necessary since I haven't changed anything at all.

Pictures:

1: shows the alignment of the lock cylinder in the ignition lock so that the locking bolt goes in and the ignition lock can be inserted

2: Locking bolt goes in

3: Color test to see where the lock gets stuck. The cams are obviously touching somewhere

4: In the ignition lock housing you can see that the recesses have a different orientation than on the ignition lock with lock cylinder.

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• 1 orientation of lock cylinder and ignition lock .jpg
    1 orientation of lock cylinder and ignition lock .jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 2 locking bolt goes in.jpg
    2 locking bolt goes in.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 3 color test.jpg
    3 color test.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 4 inside ignition lock casing w marks.jpg
    4 inside ignition lock casing w marks.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 9
I wanted to repair the ignition lock because the key got stuck when turning. After a short search, I found instructions and was able to remove the ignition lock without removing the entire module with ignition switch, etc. It's still in the vehicle.

The repair didn't work because I wasn't able to remove the lock cylinder. A little frustrated, I wanted to put the ignition switch back in. According to the descriptions, this works very quickly:

Turn the key to position 1

Position the ignition lock correctly on the ignition lock housing and push it in (the locking lever folds in automatically via an inclined link on the housing)

Turn the key counterclockwise and remove it

Put the antenna for the transponder back on

Complete.

I've tried it dozens of times. It just doesn't go in anymore. I can't push it in far enough for the locking lever to rest in the recess. Upon closer inspection, it became apparent that the receptacle, which is located in the housing under the ignition lock, appears to be twisted and the cams on the protruding bolt of the lock cylinder do not fit in.

Since I wasn't able to disassemble the ignition switch, it is still exactly as I took it out. So it should fit.

Is there a trick that I didn't use or did I make a mistake when removing it?

If possible, I don't want to remove the entire unit. It shouldn't be necessary since I haven't changed anything at all.

Pictures:

1: shows the alignment of the lock cylinder in the ignition lock so that the locking bolt goes in and the ignition lock can be inserted

2: Locking bolt goes in

3: Color test to see where the lock gets stuck. The cams are obviously touching somewhere

4: In the ignition lock housing you can see that the recesses have a different orientation than on the ignition lock with lock cylinder.

Thank you for your help!
Hello everyone,

the problem is solved. The solution was very simple. Maybe it will help someone too, because I was really scratching my fingers beforehand

After removing the ignition lock, I turned the steering wheel a little and this also caused the cam disc in the lock housing to turn, which is responsible for the steering wheel lock. As the process progressed, the steering wheel lock then clicked into place. You can turn the cam disc like a slotted screw with a large screwdriver or something similar back into the position you need to insert the ignition barrel => See the red markings in Figure 4. After that it went smoothly.

Now I just need help with the lock cylinder. I haven't figured it out yet how to remove it from the ignition barrel.

Back