General Dual Logic Gearbox

Currently reading:
General Dual Logic Gearbox

Is there some sort of indication to tell you which gear you're in ? and is it possible to trundle along at just over 30mph in top gear without the gearbox changing down ?

The gear is shown on the dashboard.

I don't think it can do 30 mph in top gear as the gear is governed by the computer according the engine speed and actual road speed, the best gear for the rev/speed combination.

This gearbox is good but takes time to get use to. If too heavy on the gas paddle, the car will jump. The gas must be applied gently in order to get the smooth acceleration. Such acceleration is very gentle (or slow) but don't forget it is a small engine car.

tmmitzzie said:
is it possible to trundle along at just over 30mph in top gear without the gearbox changing down ?

In ECO mode, mine's usually in 5th gear around 55kmh, ~35mph.

Does anyone else find it difficult to move their Panda very slowly with the dualogic?

I'm finding it pretty awkward to reverse park without mashing into other cars. It seems like the clutch will only do either fully engaged or fully disengaged, so any attempt at slow movement results in jerkiness. I think it has got a bit worse since getting the car new in January (it's got ~4k miles on it). Everything else about the gearbox appears to be fine.

Anyone know if this is something that the dealer would be able to adjust easily?

rolyapples said:
Does anyone else find it difficult to move their Panda very slowly with the dualogic?

I noticed the same thing: the dualogic does not allow for creeping. But, frankly, I haven't had any problems because of this. Indeed, the clutch should wear much less without the creeping.

rolyapples said:
Anyone know if this is something that the dealer would be able to adjust easily?

That I don't know.

And now for this weeks silly question folks...having never seen a Panda Dual Logic has the car got a clutch pedal or just the 2 like a norm auto..as the other half is looking into getting one but only drives autos.

She has a U.K provisional at the moment but this brings me to my next question
Clodagh had a Canadian Full License but that was a long time back and hasn't driven for ages if she took her test in a Dual Logic Semi-Automatic Panda would the License be marked autos only.

As she cant get on with a stick and clutch pedal ask my poor Cinquecento and still trying to get her driving on the left side of the road :bang:

And now for this weeks silly question folks...having never seen a Panda Dual Logic has the car got a clutch pedal or just the 2 like a norm auto..as the other half is looking into getting one but only drives autos.

No clutch. Two pedals. You only need 1 leg (and only 1 arm, in fact).

As for your other question, that could be different in each country I suppose.

Back