Technical dual carb conversion

Currently reading:
Technical dual carb conversion

needur help pls

I have a 75 124 spider. the engine was just rebuilt with 10 over pistons and the top end is good also. I have been thinking about replacing the standare weber adfa carb with dual weber idf 36 carbs. Is this too much carb for the engine/ cam setup? Has anyone done this ? What kind of performance issues arose?
If I don't do the dual webers, And decide to stay with a single carb,I would like to remove the air canister, egr and most of the vacuum hoses associatied with this factory setup. Which carb would work on this intake? I have already removed the egr and catalytic. The exhaust is pretty straight and clear. I changed the exhaust manifold to an older fiat manifold which has the appearance of a header like construction.
thanks for you input.
If I missed a similar article I did run several searches for the info but came up empty

Not familiar with Spider but am with Coupe. The 1970-1972 approx BC Coupe fitted with the 1608cc engine ran dual Weber 40 IDF carbs plus some were on dual Solex same size carbs. Don't know if this is any help.

Al.

Back