Technical Dry single ignition coil

Currently reading:
Technical Dry single ignition coil

nathanrobo

I've an engine that I rebuilt / blue printed & tuned a couple of years ago. I built two engines at the time, one went into my very nearly finished 500 and the other has never been started (Just sat in the garage). Given the lockdown, I've decided to get it started and statically tune it.

While trying to find an ignition coil amongst all of the stuff I have, I found a 126 / panda type dry coil.

But there's not + or - just '1' & '15' on the terminals. Anyone know which terminal is plus and which minus?

Last edited:
'15' is feed from the ignition switch----'1' is too the coil

'15' is feed from the ignition switch----'1' is too the coil

Tom as you are "locked up" have you not thought of dumping everything in your head onto electronic paper?

The years of knowledge you have is sometimes truly amazing..

It could almost be an additional Electronic book people could refer to rather than a factory manual.... sometime just simple one liners.... or "that's what the Haynes manual says.. but this is how you actually do it...."

"Toms Hints an Tips or Quick reference"

OK, here is where I confess----yes, I do have a large (ish) library of Abarth and Fiat books (41 at last count, but this is soon to be 'enlarged'),and yes, my time at Radbourne Racing did give me a good insight into the 'wee beastie', but being that I am retired, I also have the time to use the lap-top to expand my knowledge and double-check information. Nathan's query regarding coil wiring for example---I was 90% sure of the answer, but 2 minutes on the lap-top confirmed my belief as to what the correct answer was. Simples!

OK, here is where I confess----yes, I do have a large (ish) library ........

I know what you mean, I hhave collected a lot of info, little txt files with spurious names and my Factory books and articles...
9/10 times I have to go and double check....

A funny thing just in the last few days I was sorting some of my lotus parts, and came across a sort of motorcycle stop-light switch used on them to operate the headlight relays...
They are normally on a flat plate, but this was on the original motorcycle tube fitting.. stamped on the mounting in the same typeface as the Made in England on the flat bracket was the Manufacturer.... I have searched for this switch online for years to identify what out was fitted to , I found an image of one as an after market accessory in a 1960s Halfords catalogue... and no one I know or on the Lotus Forums knew who made the Switch....
70 years it was first used... and only now by accident does anyone know who made the part... Sad i know... but info always turns up in the end...

but with a different mounting bracket

Last edited:
OK, here is where I confess----yes, I do have a large (ish) library of Abarth and Fiat books (41 at last count, but this is soon to be 'enlarged'),and yes, my time at Radbourne Racing did give me a good insight into the 'wee beastie', but being that I am retired, I also have the time to use the lap-top to expand my knowledge and double-check information. Nathan's query regarding coil wiring for example---I was 90% sure of the answer, but 2 minutes on the lap-top confirmed my belief as to what the correct answer was. Simples!

I've gone the other way... I can't remember all that I knew when I was running the parts biz :-(

Back