Drunk & Disorderly at Christmas

Currently reading:
Drunk & Disorderly at Christmas

Lol steve c, and also Lol because that program cracked me up, my mate is at uni in plymouth, i rang him and said it looked reallllly friendly down there. I spose you have to rememeber that its not all like that.
When you all talk about your choices and what you are doing, and all the work that goes into it, i always feel a bit fradulant being an art student, and where i am studying at the moment, i can apply for guarenteed entry achieved by simply passing the foundation course. Makes me realise how relatively easy i've got it compared to 'proper' students who will go to uni away from home or do YIN, while i sit in my cozy art school. Not thats its easy work, but it just makes me think! Thank you for grounding me!!!

GoGoCinquecento!

ONC - ordinary national certificate, its a vocational qualification, its level can vary depending on subject and which board, mine is A-level equivelant (or so I convinced Durham;)) It is basically a collection of modules, mine is in electrical and electronic engineering, I also did the maths module from the HNC (higher national certificate), but my maths was still way behind the A-level students:(

I did start off doing A-levels, infact I did lower sixth twice, but I was more interested in tooling about in my brown Chevette:I So left with nowt:I

I've since gained an A-level in English Lit (purely just for fun tho!)

Alex, all I can say is I bet you see plenty of day time TV[V]

Steve, LOL, I was like that upto about 17 too:D No offense Paul:D

Seriously though, its the quiet late starter types you need to watch;)

Oh, yeah, drinking, guess who's out tomorrow night!!!!!

Only in the local tho:(

53 3d Stilo Dynamic JTD - Sprint Blue

I will be an alcholic before you lot, i bet ya :p I don't take offense really, I am used to from my friends but am happy being who i am :)

It is very admirable that you have made something of yourself despite not agreeing with sixth forms. It is also admirable you got into one of the best universities in the country and not ending up doing something stupid and wasting your time.

A lot of people who I guess are in your position just give up - yet you will soon graduate despite not doing a levels. Seriously, well done.

Cheers mate;)

I would never have ended up a loser, I'm far too good a blaggar:D

Oh and its never too late to differ for a year, you could always sort your own job out?

I've got a feeling you have a good way of blagging!

Cheers for letting me know about your experience. Defering isn't too big an option, I want it over and done with really and parents too. They have their finances sorted now for me to go next year and it will mess everything up otherwise. I always do have the choice in the end however. Who knows, my A's might disappear from infront of me! (touch wood, please don't!)

I am usually against people doing the sort of course you did because many just use it to prolong their time in education and ignore more work based training. FOr instance AVCE (new name for GNVQ i think) Science in my school. The people who do it aren't anywhere near the standard of any of my science classes, they are probably no better than I was at GCSE yet they stick around and claim that they have 2 a levels or equivilent. However, after hearing your story I will think twice, I am all for people using different methods to get into university and make somethiing of themself if they can't put up with stupid A levels!

After reading these posts I'm so glad I'm old and wrinkled. I can go to pubs where things like that don't happen. :D
PS What's a chav. I think I know but where do you get the name from?
Over here we call them spides or spideys, after spiderman. No idea why.

Les Ross
Certified by a Professional.
03 Stilo 5d JTD80 Active
PSI Powerbox and go-faster turtle.

Paul, yeah, I can agree about the GNVQ thing, I used to have similar way of thinking when I was in sixth form. Don't get me wrong, I was a model pupil upto sixth form, just lost interest!

My course was part time, I went to work four days a week and got the day off for college.:D

So I got both a qualification and experience.

TBH, even when I was first working I was still a little misguided, but funny enough it took getting my jaw broken (yes that was on a night out:(), to give me a new lease of inspiration, at the time time I was very over weight, for some reason this happening gave me the drive to further myself both physically and mentally.

I started putting much more effort into my course, got a place at uni, and began getting myself in shape, for years on things are really coming together for me, I have my career just about sorted, and I'm totally dedicated to fitness and weight training, believe it or not getting my jaw broken was the best thing that ever happened to me:D - Sorry to go off on one, it just got me thinking:D

Oh yeah Les, Chavs, or Chava's or Neds or Townies, they're all the same baseball cap, strippy jumper, rockport wearing, nasal talking, little scumbags[}:)]

I could back GeX up on his comment, but'll choose not to...

Hehehe...:D;)

Tom (AofB)

1 x 93' Cinq SX
1 x 95' Cinq Sporting
= Loads a' fun!

Back