Technical Droping revs while ideling cold!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Droping revs while ideling cold!!!

TejmaLee

since recently, while engin is cold, when I start my JTD stilo, and leave it ideling, revs go up and down little bit. Maby for 50-100 revs. When the engine gets warm the idle revs stop going up and down, and everything gets to normal. Does anyone know what is going on???

BTW... does any one of you use any Diesel System Cleaner???

Last edited:
Mine dose this i havent a clue y so i no im not much help but it was helped a little when i had a service and had the little bits and pices clened up :-|

Hi All
I found cheap supermarket fuel does this to my car especially Morrison’s, it also has noticeable less power, and I get more mpg with esso or b.p.

mines does that some times but not when cold but when ive been driving it for like 30min+

Isnt it something to do with a soft idle, It keeps the revs low so as to save fuel ect and if it go's too low then it raises a bit to stop it stalling. Although i could have just dreamed that up.

like "argonought" sad JTD idle is/should be very steady. Mine was too, since recently. Hope someone has some clue... maybe I should clean ERG or MAF or sometning???

first thing i'd do is try the fuel thing. run it down to emptyish, put a tenners worth of bp/esso etc in, and run that down, then fill up with bp/esso and see if its any better - if that fails you could try your maf....

Let me recap.

I do run car on sh*t fuel, (as you really can't find any good fuel here in Serbia) but changing to any other good diesel didn't help. Recently I drove 2 full tanks on "Shell V-Power Diesel", and car did have better MPG, and noticeably more power, but this didn't solve ideling problem!!!

Someone told me that ERG valve cleaning could fix this problem!!! Can it?

P.S. Still no one wrote nothing about using Diesel System Cleaner??? You know, that thing, that you add to the diesel to clean injectors... Are they any good and if... which???

Or even the throttle body..check to see if its coked up..:chin:
As you mention the throttle body, I need to check mine as my 2000(W) Bravo drops revs when its warm, which often leads to it stalling. I've read on here that this is usually the throttle body on these engines. Thing is, I dont think my manual covers my engine (N - W). Was there a change around 2000 with regards to engine and/or components. Throttle body in manual is mounted horizontal whereas mine seams to be different. Any advice on cleaning throttle body on later Bravo. Cheers.

Back