General DRL Bulb fell off inside spotlight 😢 any tips?

Currently reading:
General DRL Bulb fell off inside spotlight 😢 any tips?

CraigUK74

So whilst trying to replace the passenger side DRL Bulb it fell off inside the spotlight, any tips on how to get it out please, or is it a case of removing the spotlight?

To put the cherry on the cake as it was rattling round its broke the other bulb (the bottom one)

Thanks all for your advice.

Broad flexible plastic pipe ( through the hole)attached to the hoover will grab old bulb, and may help remove broken bits of other?
The main beam bulb retaining clip is held in by a screw, its easy to drop it and the clip can be a problem to replace/keep in place whilst you attempt to put the crew back in but is doable, or you could remove bumper easy if it's been off before or a pain of not.

Thanks John, I'll definitely try to get the DRL Bulb out with a hoover and small pipe off the fish tank lol, as for the other Bulb the bottom one it hasn't smashed just stopped working.

Is the smaller bottom Bulb a nightmare as the bumper has never been off and I don't fancy it to be honest mate.

If I took the wheen arch plastic off and the wheel that would give me access right?

Yes you can access it via the liner opening, probably take the wheel off just for ease, remember to cable tie on the panel back on, on the arch liner drilling a few holes to hold it in place?
You may need a slightly larger diameter pipe to properly hold it?

Yes you can access it via the liner opening, probably take the wheel off just for ease, remember to cable tie on the panel back on, on the arch liner drilling a few holes to hold it in place?
You may need a slightly larger diameter pipe to properly hold it?
Thanks again, what type of bulb is the bottom one please?

Thanks John I'm guess LEDs are a bad idea. Really appreciate your help buddy 👍

Back