Technical Drivers side window switches.

Currently reading:
Technical Drivers side window switches.

Ley1980

A while back the window switches in the drivers door stopped working. I bought some new switches and swapped them oer today and still having the same problem. The electric wing mirrors work on both switches but none of the windows will open or shut via the drivers door and because i put the window lock on the back eindows, they are now stuck closed. All the other switches work (when the lock isn't on the back windows of course). The fault was intermittent but now it's constant. Any ideas please??

If the back window lock remains on, it sounds like the switch has no power to it. Daft suggestion but have you checked the fuses / relays and that there are no loose connections in the wiring harness. I think you might well get some information from an OBD check with multi ecuscan. Check that all the terminals on the connectors are present, correct and not bent as well. Where are you based? Someone nearby may be able to run a diagnostic for you.

My bet would be that the wiring inside the driver's side door has frayed, pretty common on the Bravo and Punto. The rubber hose simply doesn't give the flex that the cables need when the door opens and closes. Try holding the rubber hose at different angles and operating the switch, see if you can get it to operate. If it does, then you know that's the cause. If you're not confident re-soldering the cables, any small auto electrician will happily put you right - a local place did mine after I'd taken the loom out for them for £10.

Back