Technical Driver Door Wiring Harness Plug Won't Fit

Currently reading:
Technical Driver Door Wiring Harness Plug Won't Fit

Pilotdavo

I've had a look at the drivers door wiring harness and found 3 broken wires and some others damaged. This is a 2007 Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Multijet.

I've repaired them but now I cannot get the wiring loom plug to snap back into the receptacle on the car body. The grey clip (a small piece is broken) on top is no where near the locator and I cannot get it close. Any ideas why I can't get this back in place? It's about 4-5mm away from being secured but lines up perfectly....

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4057.JPG
    IMG_4057.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 318
I've had a look at the drivers door wiring harness and found 3 broken wires and some others damaged. This is a 2007 Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Multijet.

I've repaired them but now I cannot get the wiring loom plug to snap back into the receptacle on the car body. The grey clip (a small piece is broken) on top is no where near the locator and I cannot get it close. Any ideas why I can't get this back in place? It's about 4-5mm away from being secured but lines up perfectly....

Many thanks
To confirm, you’re pulling the grey thing back till it’s perpendicular to the connector? This needs to be done and when the black part is seated, you latch the grey part.

The grey piece was pulled back to release the wiring plug (this is when a small piece broke off as it's brittle). I tried with the grey piece at 90deg and then pushing in but the plug won't get far enough in to the socket to allow the grey piece to close over the top.

The grey piece was pulled back to release the wiring plug (this is when a small piece broke off as it's brittle). I tried with the grey piece at 90deg and then pushing in but the plug won't get far enough in to the socket to allow the grey piece to close over the top.
As obvious as it is, there’s nothing blocking the connector from seating is there? i.e. A bent pin or broken clip etc. Those connectors can get fiddly on newer cars. Silicone grease usually helps however all I can do is tell you to keep fiddling with it; gently of course. 😅

I’ve found this ancient video that demonstrates how the connector is supposed to attach. May be helpful.

Thanks. I have taken a pic inside the socket to try to spot an obstruction. I saw that clip too and it's maddening how easy it looks! I'll keep fiddling and hope something changes?

Attachments

• IMG_4058.JPG
    IMG_4058.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 47
Ya beauty. 2 hours of struggling has come to an end! It was just as you said and needed a bit of encouragement to click in. My son very happy. 2 fixes today for the cost of some insulation tape and copper slip.

Back