Tuning Drilled airbox

Currently reading:
Tuning Drilled airbox

crouchy2

hey i was just wondering if you can drill an airbox on a seciento ?
if not then were can i get a good aftermarket induction kit from

Of course you can. And it will do no good whatsoever! GSR for aftermarket induction kits.

Now, come on fingers thats not fair. Drilling the airbox means the car makes such a great throaty roar under acceleration.

OK, fair enough, it reduces power, but you can't drive very fast these days, what with all the traffic and that, so the car might as well sound fast up to 8mph.

Cheers

SPD

Now, come on fingers thats not fair. Drilling the airbox means the car makes such a great throaty roar under acceleration.

OK, fair enough, it reduces power, but you can't drive very fast these days, what with all the traffic and that, so the car might as well sound fast up to 8mph.

Cheers

SPD

Do you know anybody with the picture of one or the seientos engine/airbox google standard 1`s are hard to find

Do you know anybody with the picture of one or the seientos engine/airbox google standard 1`s are hard to find

doesnt make much sense but think you are asking for a pic of engine bay

There is a pic of standard mpi engine bay/airbox (my old sei) in FAQ's at top of page, may be worth exploring the forum for a bit

attachment.php

Last edited:
wow. neva knew that drilling the box wud improve the sound...... but surely it cant sound as good as a propper induction kit with a cold feed pipe, that improves the performance too.:confused: surely you wud just buy an induction kit.....

they aren't expensive. 40quid for a K&N filter & cold feed pipe on ebay.

Drilling the airbox like that will most probably reduce the performance by making the air supply a lot warmer, air is going through the rad, passed the exhaust manifold before being drawn into the airbox... exactly what people can spend a lot of money making sure doesn't happen when tuning a car.

The K&N filter is in the wrong place for 2 reasons.
1) the optimal rpm in that config is high, iirc around 9300 rpm...
2) even with a cold feed you're still going to draw a lot of warm air into the filter.
Best bet is to get something like a GSR induction kit or make your own remembering lengths of exposed metal are bad.

Cheap = naff. do you have an example of these induction kits?? if there the 'focus' ones then there crap

I'd say the Focus ones are better than the K&N, which is damning with faint praise! The Focus ones seem to shift the power curve down lower, which isn't what most people want...........

But, just compare Focus, K&N and GSR to see where the money -- and development time -- goes (or doesn't ;)).

My advice, forget it if you can't afford GSR. But, a re-oilable replacement filter (used in the stock housing) will save you money, and give a teeny improvement, longterm.

i'd say gsr or novitec. altho i like mine atm with the big hole in, sounds good and goes well

Dukey tried the focus and the gsr back to back and the gsr won(going off feel, not on a dyno)

Back