Technical Drain holes for water.

Currently reading:
Technical Drain holes for water.

concorde500

Hi everyone,

I thought people on this forum could help me.

I am wondering where are the drain holes in a fiat 500 for water to escape.
My car is currently in the panel beaters getting some of the bodywork fixed. On my car in the main air vent above the engine water has been trapped in there and has rotted out the corners leaking through into the back seat. The Panel beater has peeled back the skins I think it is 2 or 3 skin thick and we were wondering are there any drain holes in the corners?
He is going to cut out the air vent to make room for hands to fit to be able to clean up rust etc.
Should the panel beater make some drain holes?

Thanks,

Ashley

file:///Users/ashleyfini/Desktop/IMG_1861.JPG
IMG_1862.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1862.JPG
    IMG_1862.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 242
  • IMG_1861.JPG
    IMG_1861.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I thought people on this forum could help me.

there is no need to worry about creating drain holes.... after a few months they will appear quite naturally in the most appropriate places....
Quite a useful feature of not only Italian cars but also Japanese from what hear...
Something they picked up from examining cars build by British Leyland...

your best bet is to try to stop the rest of it rusting away....

I'm sure one of the owners of a 500 daily driver will be a long soon to identify any official drain hole locations....

Sorry....a bit late and very poor images. I had the engine out today so quickly grabbed them. It's more of a slot than a hole and there's one towards each end of the underneath of the panel in the engine bay;one of them is just to the right of the regulator box. Whenever I have access I poke the slots out with a piece of stiff wire and I haven't had any serious rust problems.....not there at least.:D Those images show the original paint, stonechip and rust.:D

Attachments

• NOV_7098.JPG
    NOV_7098.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 54
  • NOV_7099.JPG
    NOV_7099.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 53
Back