Technical Door unlocking with key, license plate light, and back passenger window help

Currently reading:
Technical Door unlocking with key, license plate light, and back passenger window help

morri540

Hello all! A new owner to a 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking! I love it and am really excited take her on all the adventures! I have some issues with mine though and interested if anyone had these issue and what I could possibly do to fix it?

1- Door unlocking with key: Every time i unlock the drivers door with the key (the physical key), it sets off the security alarm. I can start the car and drive it just fine. The key successfully unlocks the door too, it just starts to honk. I have had to use the remote fob to unlock to get in. Not sure what could be causing that issue. Thoughts?

2- License plate light: I've been getting a warning that the "license plate light is out." Both lights were fine, but I had both lights replaced. Still saying there's an issue :/ Thoughts?

3- Back passenger window: The main drivers door window control switch will not put the back passenger window down, but it will put the back passenger window up. The back passenger window control switch will put the window up and down. Not sure what could be the issue? I replaced the main drivers door window control switch with no improved results.

Open the tailgate and preferably with a bone tool -used for removing trim panels, ease back the rubber boot covering the wiring loom on LHS as it passes from the roof to the boot lid. When I did this to daughter's 500 TA I found more than half of the 14 or so wires were either broken or their insulation was stripped. In the case of heated rear window and wiper motor that is serious power potentially shorting out. Solution is to go on Bay and buy a repair kit. The wires may be different colours but go methodically, one at a time splicing in the new length of loom. Choose a wire of the same thickness as original and only do one at a time. As a precaution disconnect the battery negative lead before you begin.

Back