General door lock upgrade

Currently reading:
General door lock upgrade

Re: Door lock upgrade

Hi Guys,just finished fitting the remote central locking kit on my 2010 fiat fiorino van,i would like to show everyone how i done it but i dont know how to insert the pics from my sd card,i can explain the procedure but the pics would help with positioning of the components,any info would be great.

In order to push you into getting the pics up here (;))... you have to put the pics from the SD card into your pictures file on the computer (and know what they are called) then using a reply to your own message (or this one) using "Quote" so you get all the bells and whistles, click on the "Attachments" icon in the bar above, next to the smiley, 2 right of the letter 'A'

You then get a menu box with several empty boxes and 'Browse' after each one.
Click Browse and you get the option to go somewhere on your PC - select where your pics are located and tap on the first pic, select 'Open' (and OK if you need to).
Go back to the box and click Browse on the next box down etc. until you have loaded them all in.
Click 'Upload' and wait until you see your pics appear in 'Current Attachments'
Scroll to the bottom of the box and click 'Close This Window' (I don't know why you have to do this but keep going...)
Next, click again in the Compose box on 'Attachments' above your message and
you'll see the list of pics -click there - and this --> {ATTACH}118777{/ATTACH} will appear for all your pics (wherever your cursor is located in the text you're writing) but with square brackets (fancy ones put in here so that it shows what you will see) so click on the list and it puts them all in your message. You can then add a title next to each one and check it all in Preview Post so you're happy with the layout and spelling etc. ;)

Then we can all enjoy your project and I can go out and take my door apart to fit the lock protectors I bought a few weeks ago!

R-V-M

Attachments

• !cid_97AE04FD2F3640E2B10F414D5FCBF515@customer09e779.jpg
    [email protected]
    212.2 KB · Views: 31
Re: Door lock upgrade

Hi Guys, just finished fitting the remote central locking kit on my 2010 Fiat Fiorino van, I would like to show everyone how I've done it but I don't know how to insert the pics from my sd card. I can explain the procedure but the pics would help with positioning of the components. Any info would be great.

In Luigi's original reply, he says that the door locks use rods. This is partially true although I'm not sure of the earlier model's interior handle design since they changed the pattern for the 2013 van. I dismantled my rear door handle (easier access than the others) to fit the lock protector and found that the supplied plates didn't fit.

Part Number Info:
2008-2012 Handle assembly V23837
2013 on.....Handle assembly V24875

Now I have the newer plates I've done 2 of them so far, the sliding door and the pax door. The sliding door was a s*d and the pax door a proper s*d! I'll do the driver's door next as I'm now familiar with the how-to and I will post photos.

(Tokheim, your central locking procedure would be helpful to someone if you'd post it on here now you know how to upload pix :))

Going back to my first mention here, the handle does use a cable as the movement outwards draws a cable to undo the latch as it's remote from the handle (particularly the sliding door which is the opposite side to the handle).
IMG_1119.jpgPicture shows looking down at the pax door handle removed and hanging on its cable.
It's the actuating mechanism of the solenoid which uses the rods and on my van there is only a lock barrel on the driver's and rear door, the other two have blanking plates, in fact the moulding is just not cut at all where the lock barrel would go. I'll do a write-up when I've finished with the rear door as I intend also doing the camera fitting as well.

Luigi, the cam comes without instructions but can I assume the sticky label on the camera body with the arrow on it means that the arrow is at the top for orientation purposes? I can imagine the fun of having a sideways or upside down rear view at power-up.. :rolleyes: Did you use a solenoid earth for the black wire? Perhaps trapping the earth lead with the handle mount would be good enough as it's to the body.
I want to run the power to the cam from the rear socket supply as I intend using an internal mirror with a TV screen in it and the socket power is switched with the ignition. Should I use a screened wire for that power lead? It's only about 6-8 ft long but could act as an aerial and pick up interference I suppose.

R-V-M

Fiorino with the aftermarket roof bars (and scruffy wheels)
IMG_1089.jpg

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Yes use solenoid earth for black wire
Arrow to top, although i can change [on my screen] the orientation and i can have mirror view or normal view.
what i meant regarding the door lock was that the barrel is rod connected
Luigi

Back