General door lock upgrade

Currently reading:
General door lock upgrade

tokhiem

is it possible to change the manual door locking system on my 2010 fiat fiorino van to a remote system?I have seen a kit on ebay that uses attenuators and a 2 button remote to convert the locks to remote,the seller says that the system only works on locks that are not cable operated so im not sure if my van has this system,any info would be greatly appreciated.

there is no button on the hazard switch panel,i think my model is just the basic one

Just been on fiat website fiorino configuration and it seems that central locking/remote central locking/rear door locking from cab are all options which you can choose at time of ordering.
Ive been lucky with mine as my van although basic version mine has remote central locking.electric windows,bluetooth phone kit,auto lock doors,air conditioning,full size spare tire,extra 12v socket ash tray/coin holder that fits in cup holder.
That over a £1000 of extras.......omg
Luigi

Hi Luigi,you would know my van if you seen it i got it from steven s on saturday,it has lowered springs and alloys,the wing mirrors have been painted and there is also wind deflectors fitted on the windows,i have ordered the remote locking kit and im now looking for a kit to fit reversing sensors in the back bumper,looks like im going to be busy,i just hope all the fitting instructions come with the kits,i will also have to find instructions on how to remove the door cards without damaging them,
roberto.

Hi Luigi,you would know my van if you seen it i got it from steven s on saturday,it has lowered springs and alloys,the wing mirrors have been painted and there is also wind deflectors fitted on the windows,i have ordered the remote locking kit and im now looking for a kit to fit reversing sensors in the back bumper,looks like im going to be busy,i just hope all the fitting instructions come with the kits,i will also have to find instructions on how to remove the door cards without damaging them,
roberto.

Hi Roberto,

When you begin the work on the door locks can you do some photos please? I received (yesterday) the lock protector kits which require dismantling of the inner door card etc. so a bit of hands-on chat and pix would be useful info - maybe help others too. I didn't choose reversing sensors but then, I was told I had asked for "too many options" :confused: on my spec list for the purchase (still find it hard to believe when I'm the one paying!) Might be worth considering.
I had to drop the mudflaps from my list (that was all - whatever was the point?) and have been trying to source Fiat ones ever since. I know of the £40 set from Poland on the bay but I'd prefer OEM ones rather than universal. The Fiat site is poor at showing what is available under 'Accessories' - mostly towbars and electrics for them (confusing as they show 7 and 13 connector variants but make no explanation of the reason for the differences)

R-V-M

No probs r.v.m,i will be starting on the door locks the weekend after the kit arrives,i will keep a photo record of my progress and try and post updates as much as possible,im at work weekdays so the the weekend is the only time i will have to do the job,im hoping to complete the job in one weekend assuming there are no hiccups,ill let you know when the kit arrives,meantime im still looking for info on the door card removal,
roberto.

Rear door cards are just a matter of removing the studs, i used a proper removable tool for this.
I have not removed the driver and passenger door card so i can't advise.
If you need the measurements for the rear reversing sensors i've got that.
I did get instructions for the reversing sensors,the best cable route is low down, on the drivers side removing the load area door card,drivers sill cover, then a cover up the side then you end up under the dash,i fitted the reverse display on between the dash clock surround and the steering wheel stalk cover,i have my steering wheel down a little to make room for it.
Luigi

Thanks for the info luigi,i am going to tackle the door locks first and if im successful then ill have a go at the parking sensors,these vans were all built to accommodate all of the options so im hoping it wont be to difficult to fit the extras,but as the saying goes time will tell,
roberto

As far as i'm aware they use self tapping screws into the arch liner
Luigi

I fitted these to my nemo when i had it, they come with rivets to fit them, IIRC they use the 2 holes where the bumper/wheel arch clips are and the third hole need to be drilled into the wheel arch liner

hope this helps

Hi Guys,just finished fitting the remote central locking kit on my 2010 fiat fiorino van,i would like to show everyone how i done it but i dont know how to insert the pics from my sd card,i can explain the procedure but the pics would help with positioning of the components,any info would be great.

Back