Styling Door cards

Currently reading:
Styling Door cards

Gerrard is a little unusual in that the interior is the light grey fabric/white coloured plastics version which any fule knoe is miles better looking than the dark grey and black stylee.. :D

But this seems to mean that it's impossible to find spare parts at the breakers.

Problem of the Day is the door cards. The rear ones are a bit scratched on the black plastic insert (obviously Gerrard has been used as a pickup at some point) and I'm hopeful of finding new door cards eventually... but the front ones are a bit more random.

The material (which I'm guessing is glued to the panel) is lifting away around the arm-rest on each side, so there are what appear to be blisters in the fabric.

Has anyone fixed a similar problem? It looks like you would peel off the material and re-glue it.. but that's rather drastic and you just know it won't look better afterwards.. :D I need a better "hack".

Oh.. and if anyone has an excellent condition (white plastic) passenger air vent - the one that sits on the end of the transmission tunnel cover - then send it to me.. :D

Ralf S.

Ralf S said:
was more interested in if there was a DIY way to fix/re-attach the standard fabric without anything too drastic or likely to make it look worse...

Ralf S.

A syringe to inject adhesive through the fabric covering onto the backing perhaps?

Last edited:
It'll be tricky. They're usually compressed cardboard panels with foam and fabric stuck on them to make a dielectric embossing just to stamp the things out. The different coloured fabric sections are then almost like plastic welded together with the plastic panels to form a complete door card.

You'd have to use quite a thick glue, which would prohibit syringe use really, anything thin would just soak in to the fabric, probably not glue it down and just leave a hard part of the fabric discoloured where the glue had set. you'd want something like carpet / contact adhesive but working with that in a small space is impossible.

Back