Don't tell Kate but we might have to sell the HGT :-(

Currently reading:
Don't tell Kate but we might have to sell the HGT :-(

T

Tommy K

The sad realisation that the Bravo might have to be sold is soon approaching.

The bravo was only bought for shows and for the 2yrs of ownership she's managed an impressive 1000 miles!!

With service costs, MOT, tax, repairs and insurance....... For just 500 miles a years, it's silly to keep her.

The car is just so darn reliable and drives amazing it's a head over heart decision......

So wot is a totally original (apart front Polly headlights) full leather Mk2 Broom Yellow HGT worth these days?

72,000 miles
All belts & tensioners changed
MOT and tax

Wheels need referb, tyres very good.
Boot showing spots of rust.
Stone crips on bonnet.

TK

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

Cats out the bag now Tommy doesn't Kate visit the site from time to time....

Shame to sell up but totally understand the reasoning hardly worth it for 500 miles of driving at that cost per year..

P010810_075601.jpg

Dad was quite nice about the bravo for once last night. It's worth storing in a barn for 20yrs and keeping it.

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

Well you have to smile..... We're currently at a rather posh hotel with lots of very big, new and expensive cars in the car park..... And there sits a very funky bight yellow bravo!!

It looks so out of place next to the sea of silver, black and grey!!

I love it :)

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

Sorry, by the time I got up most the cars had gone :(

Been to look at a new car today. 02 plate Beetle.... They offered me £300 for the HGT and wanted £5000 for their scruffy car!!!

I made them an offer and the manager laughed.... Told the bloke to run the beetle through the same system that gave them the price of my car...... He declined!!

We walked away from the car and drove back with a smile, makes you appreciate how great ur own car is.

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

Cant believe you would consider a Beetle serious or not... and to enquire as to a trade on the HGT you should be ashamed...lol

P010810_075601.jpg

The bravo is Kate's. It's hers to do as she wishes. She really likes the Beetle so if they want to give us £2000 for the bravo against a Beetle they could have had a deal.

They offered £360 and didn't knock anything off their car, so no deal!!!

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

The bravo isn't worth £2000 but an 02 plate Beetle isn't worth £5000.

The Beetle is worth £4k so I was prepared to offer him £3000 and the Bravo.

Mark got £2000 for his 1.6 HLX when he did a part ex (not scrap page scheme) so I was hopefull.

Beetle was so scruffy tho, was worth only £3000 with out a trade in!! Really annoyed, drove for 3hrs to see a car described as immaculate and it was a shed!!!

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

Tommy, drop me a line on what realistically you would be after for the ol Girl...

Ive got to get something better than the Almera im punting around in....!!!

Hi there

If the Bravo is still for sale(?) I am interested.

Could you direct me to any pics anywhere, please? And give me a ballpark figure?

Thanks

No sale ad put together yet, will try and get some unto date pictures. Spend 3 hrs making it totally shine the other day then it did nothing but rain before I could take some lovely pics.

I think the general idea is that a very good HGT should get £1000

You can always drop be an email [email protected]

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

Define "very good".

For £1000 it wouldhave to be a very low milage, FSH witha recent belt change. And not yellow!

swap you for a estate lol, and i am being serious lol

NEWSIG.jpg
[/IMG]
Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

Down & Out Stickers available only here bravo and marea weekend only £5 incl delivery

Thanks for the kind offer but we just need the cash :)

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg