Doing "silly" things in lockdown

Currently reading:
Doing "silly" things in lockdown

Don't know if there'll be any appetite for this but I just remembered something "silly" I've been doing to create interest and relieve boredom during this period of lockdown. How about you?

Just a couple of days before the temporary insanity of panic buying set in we did our standard "big" supermarket buy for all the basic essentials we do once a month. Then we do a smaller weekly shop for the more perishable stuff. Well that's what we did before all this Covid stuff locked us down. At this time my son is doing all our shopping so we don't have to go into the supermarket because he's very frightened, bless him, that us two oldies are going to catch it.

Well, during that shop they had a special offer 24 pack of our favourite loo roll. We bought it. It didn't look that big in the shop but when we got home it looked massive and I had to put it in the airing cupboard as there wasn't room in the loo! Mrs J said she thought it would last us "for ever". Lying in bed later that night I thought "wonder how long it will last"? so next day I started a "Loo roll monitor report" (a piece of paper in the loo on which the date is recorded every time a new roll is started).

I started the record last week in March and we seem to be averaging out at 3 rolls roughly every week - give or take a half day either way. I wouldn't dare to split the detail down any further. Anyone else got any idea what their average consumption is? As we already had an almost new 12 pack when I started we are only now looking to start the 24 pack. Don't think we need to worry for some time to come!

If you don't have a "loo roll" tale, maybe there's something else "silly" you're doing with which you could amuse us?

As we can't do track days, I dressed up for trash day...

dWSv5tHM.jpg

...and the government suggests we should wear masks if we go out...

FNCtbuRj.jpg

:devil:

If mrs dave is home we seem to get through nearly 1 roll a day, if she leaves me home alone for a week 1 roll lasts all week, she says its because blokes shake and not wipe. i tell her to bounce up and down then it will save money.

Until the weakened floor, from all those minor misses and drips, etc, allows the toilet to arrive in the lounge.:devil:

We don't scrub our faces clean with miles of tree fibre. Dry, dry wet dry. Any more than that will wear your yer bum.

"I should be in charge," said the brain , "Because I run all the body's systems, so without me nothing would happen."
"I should be in charge," said the blood , "Because I circulate oxygen all over so without me you'd waste away."
"I should be in charge," said the stomach," Because I process food and give all of you energy."
"I should be in charge," said the legs, "because I carry the body wherever it needs to go."
"I should be in charge," said the eyes, "Because I allow the body to see where it goes."
"I should be in charge," said the rectum, "Because I'm responsible for waste removal."

All the other body parts laughed at the rectum And insulted him, so in a huff, he shut down tight. Within a few days, the brain had a terrible headache, the stomach was bloated, the legs got wobbly, the eyes got watery, and the blood was toxic. They all decided that the rectum should be the boss
The Moral of the story? Even though the others do all the work.... It's always and ass-hole in charge.

Back