Technical Does this car have a dpf

Currently reading:
Technical Does this car have a dpf

Hi all I am going to look at buying a57 plate 1.3 multijet jtd panda tomorrow and was wanting to know if this particular car has or hasn't got a dpf.
It does have a blue coloured letter"J" in the word multijet on the tailgate.
My wife was looking on Google to see what it means, and on a forum it says it means it doesn't have one, but then she found on anther one it says it does have one, so I'm a bit confused.
Please can anyone give me any advice.
Thank you.

Hi all I am going to look at buying a57 plate 1.3 multijet jtd panda tomorrow and was wanting to know if this particular car has or hasn't got a dpf.
It does have a blue coloured letter"J" in the word multijet on the tailgate.
My wife was looking on Google to see what it means, and on a forum it says it means it doesn't have one, but then she found on anther one it says it does have one, so I'm a bit confused.
Please can anyone give me any advice.
Thank you.
If you are going to inspect then ideally you do not want to see any small bore pipes coming from the "DPF?" connected to pressure sensors.
My daughter had an early 06 Grande Punto multijet that didn't, her twin had an o9 VWTiguan that didn't , my 07 Skoda Scout did, inspite of having almost identical running gear, however on the VAG group range the Vin Number code could tell you, so maybe in a good owners handbook there may be more information.

I have an 09 Multijet. It does not have a DPF. I believe Panda got them a year or two later. They are actually OK but dont drive around to show off your 100mpg economy. Because that will fill your engine with soot. They need to be used. Even more so when there's a DPF.

They also need a new cam chain every 100K miles. Change the rockers and lifters at the same time. The chain wont be worn out so they sound fine, but the chain links break.

Last edited:
I have an 09 Multijet. It does not have a DPF. I believe Panda got them a year or two later. They are actually OK but dont drive around to show off your 100mpg economy. Because that will fill your engine with soot. They need to be used. Even more so when there's a DPF.

They also need a new cam chain every 100K miles. Change the rockers and lifters at the same time. The chain wont be worn out so they sound fine, but the chain links break.
Thank you I have bought the car now and will be picking it up tomorrow.
I couldn't see anything on the exhaust from the flexi at the front to the beach3 box just a straight pipe in the middle so no dpf.
The car is a real bargain at £1175 including 12 months warranty and 12 months mot.
Internet_20230617_163458_2.jpeg
Internet_20230617_163458_6.jpeg
Internet_20230617_163458_12.jpeg
Resized_7137e9f4-1.jpeg
Internet_20230617_163458_8.jpeg
Internet_20230617_163458_9.jpeg

To my knowledge, pre 2010 pandas did not have a DPF. Think it was mandatory post 2010.

Hi all who answered my question.
The car broke down within 10 mins of driving it.
It was fine driving around town at low speed with little throttle.
As soon as I have it a bit of welly it bogged down and wouldn't rev over 3000 rpm.
Then the engine light came on.
My friend has a code reader and this is what it showed.
It is now back at the shop apparently awaiting diagnostic work to determine what has gone wrong. The bloke at the shop said we don't do warranties on the cheap cars and offered me to swap it for a ford fusion with 17700 miles on it.
I said no as I like the car and want it fixing.
Iam waiting on the sales bloke to get back to me with some news but the mechanic hasn't got back to him yet.

Attachments

• 20230619_185133.jpg
    20230619_185133.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • 20230619_185129.jpg
    20230619_185129.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • 20230619_185123.jpg
    20230619_185123.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Hi all who answered my question.
The car broke down within 10 mins of driving it.
It was fine driving around town at low speed with little throttle.
As soon as I have it a bit of welly it bogged down and wouldn't rev over 3000 rpm.
Then the engine light came on.
My friend has a code reader and this is what it showed.
It is now back at the shop apparently awaiting diagnostic work to determine what has gone wrong. The bloke at the shop said we don't do warranties on the cheap cars and offered me to swap it for a ford fusion with 17700 miles on it.
I said no as I like the car and want it fixing.
Iam waiting on the sales bloke to get back to me with some news but the mechanic hasn't got back to him yet.
P0401
Faulty or clogged EGR valve

P0401
Faulty or clogged EGR valve
Thank you koala.
The bloke in the shop tried to say that because it was only a cheap code reader and it wasn't a diagnostic machine it would be wrong.
I get that the turbo code and maf sensor code come on as well, I'm guessing they are all related as the engine isn't breathing properly so it cuts the turbo output and throttle the fuel output as well in doing so it restricts the engine power.

Thank you koala.
The bloke in the shop tried to say that because it was only a cheap code reader and it wasn't a diagnostic machine it would be wrong.
I get that the turbo code and maf sensor code come on as well, I'm guessing they are all related as the engine isn't breathing properly so it cuts the turbo output and throttle the fuel output as well in doing so it restricts the engine power.
Correct

If I was to hazard a guess as well as the EGR being blocked the small pipe under the turbo is also blocked

Access is good for this from underneath and normally only needs a squirt of compressed air

Both of which cause the car to go into a limp home mode

Limited revs, little power

Correct

If I was to hazard a guess as well as the EGR being blocked the small pipe under the turbo is also blocked

Access is good for this from underneath and normally only needs a squirt of compressed air

Both of which cause the car to go into a limp home mode

Limited revs, little power
I have a feeling that they are going to try and not fix it and fob me off with excuses as to why they can't fix it but I'm hoping it will be fixed.
I have seen a few comments on the egr valve replacement and it seems to be a real pita to do, am I also right that this is the same engine that is used in the vauxhall corsa 1.3 cdti.

Bugger the ‘no warranty’, you’ve only had it since Sunday and he’s a trader, so even if it was ‘sold as seen’, it was sold as a working car, therefore It’s not ‘fit for purpose’ and you have your statutory rights

Basically the same engine as Vauxhaul Corsa and Meriva, some Suzukis and maybe even Peugeot. The same cylinder head design is used on Fiat 1.6 diesels.

The EGR is a pain to access but the DPF is under the turbo. Both are emissions devices but the DPF is much easier to access.

I bought mine with a broken timing chain, but found the inlet side of the engine was clogged solid with soot. Drive it too slowly and soot will build up until the restricted airflow become s self-sustaining soot collector. But I paid only £100 so it was worth the punt.

The valve rockers break if the pistons hit valves the rockers break off. Mine had two broken and two with falling apart needle roller bearings.

This was my inlet manifold caused by excessive slow driving.

Attachments

• IMG_0132.jpeg
    IMG_0132.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Bugger the ‘no warranty’, you’ve only had it since Sunday and he’s a trader, so even if it was ‘sold as seen’, it was sold as a working car, therefore It’s not ‘fit for purpose’ and you have your statutory rights
Thank you, my wife has been doing a lot of Internet surfing the last few days looking into this.
I'm really hoping that they will do the right thing and repair the faulty tem and give me a working car back.
It is causing me various problems getting to work, but my boss has been very understanding and has lent me a spare van for a little while.
I got a receipt and it doesn't mention no warranty or imply that there is one and no mention of sold as seen.
I paid in cash for the car. It was all my savings and I had to borrow some money off a family member to help pay for it.
My last car which died last week a vauxhall meriva 1.6.16v due to a cam belt idler pully bolt shearing off while I was driving it the head was destroyed and I scrapped it and the proceeds from that also went towards paying for it.
I'm struggling to make ends meet at it is with everything going up in price and I really need a car to get to and from work.

Basically the same engine as Vauxhaul Corsa and Meriva, some Suzukis and maybe even Peugeot. The same cylinder head design is used on Fiat 1.6 diesels.

The EGR is a pain to access but the DPF is under the turbo. Both are emissions devices but the DPF is much easier to access.

I bought mine with a broken timing chain, but found the inlet side of the engine was clogged solid with soot. Drive it too slowly and soot will build up until the restricted airflow become s self-sustaining soot collector. But I paid only £100 so it was worth the punt.
Yes I believe that is what has happened the ad stated that the car was driven by a little old lady. Lol I can believe that part except the old LADY on the logbook is called Richard so who knows eh. Lol we are finding out a few details that don't add up or seen to be different to what was told me when I first went to view the car.

If they start messing you about, try Citizens Advice…it can all be done online. ‘Which’ is good source for your rights also

Yes I believe that is what has happened the ad stated that the car was driven by a little old lady. Lol I can believe that part except the old LADY on the logbook is called Richard so who knows eh. Lol we are finding out a few details that don't add up or seen to be different to what was told me when I first went to view the car.
Richard sounds like the Richard and Pauline that used to be on our moorings, he drove everywhere like ‘Miss Daisy’
So they’re already ‘compromised’ by false advertising

Back