Does my water pump need changing?

Currently reading:
Does my water pump need changing?

K

Keval

i was wondering how can i find out if i need my water pump changing? cant find no signs of leaking. went to the mechanic becuase everytime i rev my engine i hear a rattle. and the mechanic said its the water pump but its not leaking??:S

thanks

A rattle in the water pump indicates bearing wear,might not be leaking but if the bearings shot it will need a new pump. You can test for play. will not leak until the seal is gone as well

waterpump

you should be able to hear a squeeking noise coming from the engine..you should also hear it inside the car.

I had a noise coming from the cambelt area and i took the auxilary belt off to rule out any noises from the cambelt area. When i removed the aux belt, the car ran silent.

Changed the aux belt car is now silent again. However to rule out which side of the cambelt cover the noise is coming from take the aux belt off, start the car and listen. If the noise is there then it could be waterpump or the tensioner. Either way i'd get my belts changed and the relevant noisey part before something fails.

Banner08.jpg

Items For Sale:
ePER V4.0 2008 DVD, Fiat Bravo/a Passenger Airbag Covers to suit MK2, **MINT** Fiat Marea Poly Elliptical Headlamps with Sidelight Connectors, Bravo & Marea Workshop Manuals, Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual &, Fiat Bravo Owners Manual on CD etc...

Contact Me for more details.

got a quick question. my car is jurking soo much it is gettin anoyying to drive. in every gear it judders alot.. can that problem be linked to the water pump?

i have checked all plugs and leads they are all fine. but the mechanic cant see the problem why the car is jurking soo much.