Fuel Pump Problem

Currently reading:
Fuel Pump Problem

T

Tom

I have a 1.6 1999 bravo hlx which has done 100,000 miles, its had a top engine rebuild after the cambelt snapped, problem i have now is i dont know if it needs a new fuel pump.

i serviced it the other day, new filters, oil, ht leads and spark plugs and although it was running like a new car for a week, now after about 2minutes down the road its very unresponsive and if you gently put your foot of the accelerator, it revs down and stalls.

checked my new plugs and they are black, and the pump is making a very loud noise. looking on ebay i can see u can buy the pump part for £30 instead of buying a whole new unit, has anyone does this before? and does this sound like a fuel pump problem?

Might not be fuel pump problem

Ok, so what you're mentioning..... my 1.6 16v 1999 bravo was doing the same about a month ago. It would idle good, but if I put my foot down on the accelerator it either starts missing, or drops revs and shuts down. My problem there was the coil and high tension wires. And if I opened the bonnet and hit the accelerator I could see the coil sparking bright orange. Changed them ( coil and high tension wires ) for about 100 euros and ut worked fine.

Now to the fuel pump, mine stopped working a day ago, and before that it was making a really loud noise ( my bravo has 90,000 miles ). Now from what I have learned is that the pump making a loud annoying noise means it's taking its last breaths and it's due to be changed. I hope I was of good help :)