Technical Does my Punto need recalling?

Currently reading:
Technical Does my Punto need recalling?

t.foster73

3 weeks ago I bought a 1.2 8V 2001 (Dec) Punto. I have been getting irregular running. I've seen a few posts from people with similar spec/date cars talking about a recall, due to possible ECU problems. Fiat are looking at my car on Wednesday, but will cahrge 70 pounds for this. Is my car due for a free check or not? Does anyone know which Puntos are being recalled? Greatful for any help. Thanks

p.s Fiat may not know I yet own the vehicle due to recent change of ownership.

If your cars still under warranty and isnt working as its supposed to then fiat should look at the car to start with to find out whether or not it is faulty the take the correct action in fixing it. Some things arent covered under warranty- mine was because the car couldnt move!! It depends on how bad your problem is.........

EVERYONE- SPRAY YOUR PUNTOS BLACK

So is my car still under Warranty then? (Dec 01. Does this mean Fiat will purposely diagnose no faults on my car? I've taken it to several garages, but most say only FIAT has the correct ECU diagnostic equipment, or certainly the ability to re-progream it.

Originally posted by dave
checked that site it hasn't got the recall for mk1 breakpipes on it!

Looking for this?
http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=248FEEBDE609A16980256BB9002694A3

yes come up now if i put 1995 launch date, but mine was made in 98 so i put that in at first, never new about the spare wheel i will have to check that.
thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you

I called up the garage that sold the car in the first place (I bought it second hand, a 1996 punto 75sx) and they had change the brake pipes 2001. The strange thing is that they had exchanged alot of other stuff in the breaking system (dont remeber what) under warranty.

'So is my car still under Warranty then? (Dec 01. Does this mean Fiat will purposely diagnose no faults on my car? I've taken it to several garages, but most say only FIAT has the correct ECU diagnostic equipment, or certainly the ability to re-progream it.'

cars usually come with 3yrs warranty dnt they???

EVERYONE- SPRAY YOUR PUNTOS BLACK

There is a recall, letter was dated 8th April 2004 from Fiat.
See my post of 16th April 2004.
Incidentally, 600 milea and 1 week after receiving the recall notice, the engine warning light has started to illuminate, spoke to Fiat dealer, nothing to worry about until car goes in next week, unless light starts flashing, then take car in asap.

hi, im not sure if mine will need to be recalled either...my car is in my dad's name until i pass my test and he is on holiday at the moment so i wonder if anyone can help?! mine is R reg (1997. Thanks.

Mk1 Punto 1.2 60sx metallic green.......my beast!!

take it or the v5 to a dealer if its been done it will be on the central computer,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you
binki3.jpg

Back