General does anyone know MarkThompson4

Currently reading:
General does anyone know MarkThompson4

Trouble is I need the correct clock spring to go with it! Not sure this wheel comes with one but I will be in touch with the seller to see(y)

I suggest you, to look at ebay.de for a clock spring. I usually find more items there. And most of the sellers are willing to ship the item.
I recently bought a clock spring, for the multifunction steering wheel. (I broke my previous one.. probably broke the circuit, non stop airbag warnings)

Here are few examples:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Fiat-Stilo-1...044865737?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item51bbe78ec9

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Fiat-Stilo-S...199424469?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item27dc47e7d5

What i do not like, is that most of the clock springs that are being sold, aren't properly "fixed in position" meaning that you can't tell if the spring is rotated to the left or to the right, or how much is it rotated. My previous clock spring, broke, due to being rotated more to the left than it should, so after a few months i started getting airbag failure when i fully rotate the steering wheel to the left, now the airbag warning light flashes every 5 seconds :(

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Under these circumstances the publication of his home address & phone numbers would seem to be usefull for those robbed by him...;)

Providing that they haven't been forced so far that the coiled ribbon cable hasn't already broke or been damaged, they can be reset to the original position.

Sorry for hijacking a thread, but i think few other people would also like to know the answer :D
I do not think that the clock springs that are being sold on ebay are damaged by removing them. Most of them are rotated a bit, i think due to removing the steering wheel airbag (to easily access screws to the airbag). Now about the question. If you want to reset the clock spring to the original position, how do you know to which direction you need to rotate? You can rotate to the left or to the right, 50/50 chance you can make it worse, assuming the clock spring is already rotated by a lot to one direction.

if anyone has any issues with Mark please PM me and ill forward a contact email that you can reach him on regarding any concerns you may have.

i understand he is banned at present, i know he'd like to come back to the community and maybe sorting out some of the issues that have arisen may help in some small way to aid in the ban being lifted by mods.

i dont know everyones story about whats happened over this nor do i wish to know. im just offering a small piece of an olive branch as i know he wants to sort it out with forum members and try to put things right.

anyway as said PM me if you require his email

Back