Technical Dodgy Gearbox ???

Currently reading:
Technical Dodgy Gearbox ???

Steviee90

hi there, just thought i would give this a try, i have a V reg Punto and the other day when went to change gear i missed it and started accelerating again, shouldnt be admitting to this, but anyway, obviously the grinding sound came from the gear box and now every time i make sharp left turns there is a kind of rattling sound coming from the gear box, yet all the gears change fine.......anyone have any ideas ?? cheers

just updating this....the sound is more like a knocking sound coming from the middle of the car...gearbox/handbrake area , the car is a 1.2 8v punto mk2....its not so bad until the engine heats up then it happens when turning left or going over bumps....really confused as to what it is ?? don't knw whether its the drive shaft or something silly like the exhaust ,

This sounds similar to a problem i had with my Punto.. knocking and making a noise when turning left. I found that the exhaust pipe going down the centre of the car was too much to one side, so everytime the exhaust moved a bit it was touching the bottom of the car. Just pop your head under and check if the pipe is centred, or more over to one side. If the latter, have it moved into the centre.

Back