DOC cover on fully comp policies for under 25's

Currently reading:
DOC cover on fully comp policies for under 25's

I thought Quinn offered this? I use it all the time!

Edit: Holy epic, just read into it further more on their website....

:eek: oops

My policy doc's say differently ;)

I even called and checked :)

That's OK then. Didn't mean to teach you suck eggs, just didn't want you having to fork out £5-10K for your Dad's car! (y)

Thats ok (y)

quinn deffinatley offer DOC for any age driver, when i first saw it i phoned up to check...been usign it for ages on dad's, mums, drunk m8's etc etc (and the odd integra type-r ;)) even been stopped by police whislt driving dad's, all gravy! just a shame ther in administration now, luckily i renewed in dec, should be fixed by then (crosses fingers).....

They're out of admin now. Happened at the beginning of the month. All their risks have been re-accessed, and they're prices have gone through the roof. They wanted £5k+ for me to renew (n)

And their website does now say that you need to be 25+ for DOC (wether this is the case when the policy comes through I don't know though).

I thought Quinn offered this? I use it all the time!

Edit: Holy epic, just read into it further more on their website....

• The vehicle is not owned by your employer or hired to you/them under a hire-purchase or lease agreement;
  • You currently hold a full European Union (EU) licence;
  • The use of the vehicle is covered in the certificate of insurance;
  • Cover is not provided by any other insurance;
  • You have the owner’s permission to drive the vehicle;
  • The vehicle is in a roadworthy condition;
  • You still have your vehicle and it has not been damaged beyond cost-effective repair; and
  • Your occupation is not restricted by our acceptance criteria.
  • You must be 25 years of age. Age is based on your age at the inception/renewal date of your policy.

:eek: oops

most certainly dont say that in mine!

only stipulations for me are:

car that im driving DOC ISNT currently insured by any other means (for the person driving DOC not isnt generally insured)

car that im driving DOC isnt owned by person driving doc

cant be van/truck/jeep type vehicle

cant be mini-bus

only insured for third party risk

but look at my quote! ^ It says the car isn't allowed to be insured by another company... right?

but look at my quote! ^ It says the car isn't allowed to be insured by another company... right?
Wrong - it says insurance, not insurance company. That is standard DOC wording.

It just means that if you are already covered by other insurance on that vehicle, then you can't use the DOC side of things.

Ahhh thanks for clearing that up guys. Can now drive my Dads Boxster :D :D :D

I told them that I couldn't drive their cars because of that conflict I thought.

And I had taken their policy up before their DOC changes so I can also use this feature, until October :)

Back