General Doblo camper

Currently reading:
General Doblo camper

The beds in these camper conversions cant be very big, when I'm doing long distnace runs in my van I will someitmes stop for a sleep in the back but can't lie out straight in the van, I'm bout 6"3

I'm 5'3" and I have to lie diagonally to be able to stretch out (with rear seats folded of course!! ;) )
Have you ever removed your rear seats?

We have slept in the back with seats folded.
If seats were out it would make more room, but as you see from another thread, it seams to be a sore point with our local fiat dealer. Says it would weaken the car...i dont understand why?

Hoping to go to 'Danbury' in a few weeks time, see what they say.

Tiggs

I'd love to see one of the danbury conversions in the flesh.
I had a VW '72 bay camper that was a danbury conversion.

When my husband was alive, we used to talk about going to Danbury to have a look round. Are they open daily for visitors?

I think the beds must be tiny and would be a real squeeze trying to sleep 2 people in it.

I'd love to see one of the danbury conversions in the flesh.
I had a VW '72 bay camper that was a danbury conversion.

When my husband was alive, we used to talk about going to Danbury to have a look round. Are they open daily for visitors?

They have a open day on 24 and 25 November...we hope to go, should be interesting(y)

Tiggs

Yes, we phoned.
Booked for the Sunday!
Hope its worth the trip from Wales......

It seems to us that those that make doblo's. kangoos, berlingos and the like are missing out.:(
Lots of cars these days are made with rear seats that slide back and forth, or even come out alltogether.

Imagine a van based car with rear seats that slid right back to the rear doors, so as to convert into a mini camper! The rear seat could flip flop into a bed! :D

These type of car are made for it!(y)

Tiggs

Now imagine a long wheelbase used Ducato (or Transit:) with a proper double bed or a couple of long sofa`s in the back.
nice set up for around £5,000.

£20,000 seems an awful lot of money to me for a Doblo sized camper and I cant see a heater.

I keep thinking about it :)

Regards

We went to Norfolk for a few days, 1.3 Van, didn't take the tent just the inflatable matress, sleeping bags, cooker, lights and a few other bits and bobs. It was fine, but we would have preferred some windows in the van. With having a steel bulkhead in the van it was a bit strange to say the least good job there was some light coming in through the doors and bulkhead.

I agree 20K is very expensive.

Back