Technical Doblo 2012 starting problem. Help needed

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo 2012 starting problem. Help needed

Samstears

Hi recently bought a 2012 1.3d and as much as I like it, it’s also breaking my heart. It’s giving problems starting in the morning usually take a few goes and then starts with a puff of white smoke and idles rough, glow plug light also flashes. Once I drive for a few meters it’s perfect and will start again no problem. At first I thought for sure it was glow plugs but my mechanic checked them and said they were ok but did notice that the negative terminal on the battery was loose so he cleaned it up and tightened it up and it was better.....for a while. Now it’s started with the hard starts again. Any ideas?? Not sure where to start, would it be worth changing the battery? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi recently bought a 2012 1.3d and as much as I like it, it’s also breaking my heart. It’s giving problems starting in the morning usually take a few goes and then starts with a puff of white smoke and idles rough, glow plug light also flashes. Once I drive for a few meters it’s perfect and will start again no problem. At first I thought for sure it was glow plugs but my mechanic checked them and said they were ok but did notice that the negative terminal on the battery was loose so he cleaned it up and tightened it up and it was better.....for a while. Now it’s started with the hard starts again. Any ideas?? Not sure where to start, would it be worth changing the battery? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi.

If you plug in a reader.. it can tell you why the glowplug light is flashing.

This needs sorting before winter..
My grande was like this.. then was stuck in the snowy weather.

My issue was lousy old plugs.. then blew the maxi fuse.

https://www.fiatforum.com/tech-talk/471718-glow-plug-power.html?471718=#post4466459

Fine now though. :)

Charlie

Last edited:
Back