Technical Doblo 1.3D multijet coolant issue

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo 1.3D multijet coolant issue

Chris ruff

Doblo is losing coolant thermostat replaced. Radiator not getting warm or hot. Rad Top hose not getting hot. Bottom rad hose is getting hot. After 3 miles or so driving coolant needs topping up a good ltr or so, expansion bottle cap has good seal

Hi neighbour - I'm in Moyasta :)
That's a lot of coolant loss - can you see if it's dripping out?
Has it only started losing coolant since the thermostat was changed?
When I replaced my thermostat I lost a load of coolant from this bottom rad hose quick connector not seating properly (this is on a petrol Panda, not sure if MJ Doblo has the same?). These tabs were sticky and didn't pop fully up:

Attachments

• Thermostat 08.jpg
    Thermostat 08.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Hi neighbour - I'm in Moyasta :)
That's a lot of coolant loss - can you see if it's dripping out?
Has it only started losing coolant since the thermostat was changed?
When I replaced my thermostat I lost a load of coolant from this bottom rad hose quick connector not seating properly (this is on a petrol Panda, not sure if MJ Doblo has the same?). These tabs were sticky and didn't pop fully up:
No dripping. Saw steam coming from thermostat assume it was stuck closed. But I now think the EGR valve needs replacing I am going to by-pass EGR valve tomorrow see what happens

My multijet blew the gasket for the water pump shedding its entire volume of coolant in about 2 minutes. It’s worth checking as the water pump is external of the engine. Another worrying consideration is if it’s loosing that much coolant and it’s not dripping/leaking out of anywhere then it’s either engine up in the cylinders from a blown head gasket, are you getting any excessive steam? Or as you say the EGR cooler (if your car has this type) has broken and the coolant is now mixing with the oil which will very quickly destroy the engine if not addressed ASAP

My multijet blew the gasket for the water pump shedding its entire volume of coolant in about 2 minutes. It’s worth checking as the water pump is external of the engine. Another worrying consideration is if it’s loosing that much coolant and it’s not dripping/leaking out of anywhere then it’s either engine up in the cylinders from a blown head gasket, are you getting any excessive steam? Or as you say the EGR cooler (if your car has this type) has broken and the coolant is now mixing with the oil which will very quickly destroy the engine if not addressed ASAP
After speaking to a mechanic about egr valve I have ordered a new EGR valve arrives Wednesday I will let you know if this solves the problem. The engine runs very well otherwise. Dosnt over heat. Always stays on halfway on the dial. Turn heater fan onto full and heat reading reduces about a third

Back