General Do your discs look like this?

Currently reading:
General Do your discs look like this?

Here are a few photos of my front discs that dont work too well.

Notice the extreme uneveness of the disc and that the friction material is coming away from the pad. Also that one of the pads wasnt making much contact with the disc!

DSCF1282.jpg

DSCF1283.jpg

DSCF1281.jpg

DSCF1278.jpg

Yeah, they're shot, also when you put the new discs on, take a good look at the caliper slides, the disc is worn more on one face than the other, sign of sticky caliper.

PS - They are deeply, profoundly screwed discs :eek: Might be worth buying a set with phosphate coating to reduce rusting over the edges next time around?

The inside pad is bevelled top and bottom so didnt touch disc.
There was a pad clip missing.
Both pads are cracking away from the pad base.

Havent looked at the passenger side yet.

Disc thickness is now just under 18mm in some parts!

I do have a complete set of new discs and pads to be fitted. :D

But... If this was my Uno from yesteryear.. I would have just got the grinding disc out and tidied the discs and pads up a bit and put them back in.

But... as the car is off road anyway for other reasons and I had a bit of a scarey braking ( or non braking ) incident a month ago, I will be putting the new ones on.

EDIT: I'll be regreasing the caliper slides ( dry as a bone ), and giving the calipers a new set of pad clips.

Last edited:
Its not lived by the sea at all has it, Shocking state for disc and pads to be in.

really, i haven't seen so f*** up discs, get new ones and see the difference,don't put the pedal to the metal after buying the new ones it might have catastrophic end for your nose in case that your seat belt is not on :cool:
One more thing - i think this is made by a woman. Am i right ? :slayer:

Back