General do you think its worth it??

Currently reading:
General do you think its worth it??

wkd cinq

do you think its worth geting a 1242 cinq for around £700-£800
and paying around £1000-£2000 for insurence

or should i just wait till i can get say a punto??

my mate chris has a 1242 sei, cost him 2k and then 2k to insure. he loves it.

its up to you, id rather have a 1242 cinq than a punto.. but thats me

I thought as much, the idea of harness's is good, they hold you in the seat very well and they do look good but the practical aspects start to out way those good points very quickly. i still have a set of harness's sitting in my Dads garage from my MK1 XR2, think they've been sitting there for about 10years! :D

So yeah keep 'em for a track car, on the road car, they're useless :)

In fact I think I told him to through them out about a year back now thinking about it :confused:

jamie86 said:
Harnesses are a pain in the ass and will soon be in my Y10 :rolleyes:

Yeah I agree it is hassle...but I dont feel secure any more in normal 3-point seatbelts!!!

As for the 1242cc Cinq. Yeah! Was in a 1242cc Punto (8v MPi) t'other night, and it was sluggish as fook!!

I was well impressed (only cost £300 all in in parts and labour).

Id ask yureself the question "Can I justify it to myself?"
eg: Do you love the car sufficiently to get your wallet out and swap the engines...

It will hurt on insurance, but the thing i think of is, theres no cars that even come close to the sort of smile that car gives me!

i did love my harnesses and buckets but they werent practical, they did heal my bad back by keeping me upright whereas now i have my normal seats and belts in i have a bad back again and im only 17

i was putting a sporting lump in my cinq but couldnt justify the power increase against the insurance increase you will notice that most of the people that do it are at least 19 for insurance reasons

Back