Do you smoke/allow smoking in your car?

Currently reading:

• Total voters
so does that yellow smoked fish...stinks kitchen out for days :yuck:

that include girlfriend / boyfriend / parents etc...on a long dark country road across the moors where werewolves roam?
My wife doesn't smoke, neither does my mother.. my father, yes... He'd have to roam where the werewolves are...

I smoke, but do not allow smoking in my new cinq, realised your car stinks, ash DOES get stuck down the side of your car, in the rubber window moulds, glass etc - carpets covered in ash, blim marks in your interior and you bet your bottom dollar that whoever is in the back would rather try to get away with ashing onto your floor than try to flick it out the window.

Its fekin easy to smoke n drive, i smoke with the ciggie in my left hand - but when i had my *please dont kille me* renault clio ages ago before i met the joys of cinquecento's, i has the ciggie in my left hand and could change gear fine.....Its silly to say its distracting

HAVING IPODS IN CAR MUSIC SYSTEMS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL, half the bloudy time whoever is driving spends more time flivking through their artists, or album etc instead of looking at the road, makes me soooo angry that does.

you what? how is it in any way like being on the phone :confused::confused:

i have my hands on the wheel for most the time and my smoking hand only leaves the wheel for a matter of seconds... its more like changing fricking gear!! and dont tell me you constantly have both your hands on the wheel! cos thats clearly a lie... no one does.

cant see why people are so against it.. its my car tbh. :mad:

I know this is an old post, but I think it's more the fact that you're holding a stick that's on fire in your hand while driving. If I set light to a wooden torch and drove round holding that I'm pretty sure I'd get pulled over.

not exactly a ball of flame...more like smoldering cinders, however anything can distract a driver wether in or outside a car. My pet hate is drink holders as they allow you to drink & drive at same time.

All the talk about how disgusting the habit is, think how much more taxes you would be paying if there were no smokers.

I've had this discussion on other forums. The NHS gets a lot more money from smokers than they cost the NHS.

I've had this discussion on other forums. The NHS gets a lot more money from smokers than they cost the NHS.

The NHS dont, the government do. Think smokers cost the NHS somthing like 5bn, and they revenue generated to the government is 8 bn, so a difference of 3bn. However without being too offensive, the figures do point to a large amount of people smoking arent actually uk tax payers - either young people or people claming benifits.

( and tbh, theres way to many factors to try and take into consideration before any of these point can become valid, i.e proprtion of tax payers that are smokers, other costs smoking has on the uk, amount of jobs in the tobacco industry, amount of benifits that people actually spend on tobacco related products and how this relates to the tax taken. etc etc)

Regardelss of which, it kills approx 110k people every year, and in the not too distant future, our decendants will look back on the practice with astonishment - "did people really fill there lungs with poisonous smoke??" :yuck:

Last edited:
The NHS dont, the government do. Think smokers cost the NHS somthing like 5bn, and they revenue generated to the government is 8 bn, so a difference of 3bn. However without being too offensive, the figures do point to a large amount of people smoking arent actually uk tax payers - either young people or people claming benifits.

It's alright because anybody that smokes is being taxed when they buy them, it's partly why fags are so expensive. On a side note people that claim benefits do pay tax, it's just deducted before they are paid to them, for example my dad is on incapacity benefit but still has tax taken from the amount.

To answer the thread definitely not! I wouldn't buy a car from somebody that's smoked in it either.

I smoke in my car and allow others to, but only in the front. I had a non-fault accident last year and I couldn't smoke in the courtesy car and it was a nightmare trying to stop yourself as 1986Uno says it is subconcious. But tbh I wish I didn't smoke in my car because when I had the courtesy car me and the mrs cut down to 10 a day between us because I got annoyed with stopping all the time.

I don't let people smoke in my car, I just find it stinks the car out for ages after, it's not worth it.

I don't smoke in cars, nor do I allow smoking in my car. Last car I smoked in was a H reg Carlton I had about 7 or so years ago, only very rarely if stuck in motorway traffic. I bought a '92 Audi Coupe and it just demanded to be kept clean and smelling nice, so I took the hint. The habit has stuck and is even more prevalent now I have my first Fiat. A very shiny red Stilo that needs a new drive shaft (on warranty) after someone apparently hit a large hole very hard with it. But nevermind that. It is fast, sexy and makes a GOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGEOUS sound. :devil:

I had a non-fault accident last year and I couldn't smoke in the courtesy car and it was a nightmare trying to stop yourself as 1986Uno says it is subconcious.

:ROFLMAO:

Dad had a none fault accident, got a courtesy car, and they said no smoking in it, so what does dad do :rolleyes:

His view was, Why should I be inconvienced :eek:

Luckily I think we done a good enought clean up of the car, and he's an out of the window smoker anyways :p

i dont smoke, and dont see why others should be allowed to pollute my car!
we was involved in a accident a few years back as the woman in the car behind had dropped her cigarette and was trying to pick it up when we was slowing for traffic, and she rear ended us!

The thing is its up to the car owner after all its his/her car BUT before (as alot of people here have said) saying its a dirty smelly habit etc....just think what is coming out of your exhaust pipes...are you concious or caring about that?

I hate people smoking in cars, do not allow it in my car at all, someone once said they where going to, I said try it and I will stop the car and remove you from it and then drive off. We where about 20-30 miles away from "home" as such.

Also saw a woman smoking in an ASTON MARTIN, I died a little inside.......

Back